Chapter 55

Friday, February 3, 2017

Huntzberger Home

6am

"Hey Baby, it's your birthday." Rory said softly, rubbing Logan's chest to wake him up after turning their alarm off.

"I don't wanna.  Too tired." Logan groaned, trying to pull the blankets up over his shoulder.

"We've got a busy day today."

"Sleep."

"Come on birthday boy.  It's time to get up."

"I don't wanna.  I should be allowed to sleep in on my birthday."

"If you get up right now, we can share a shower.  But if you don't, I'll just have to go shower by myself, and then you'll be on your own getting ready."

"You play dirty."

"We need to get up and get moving before the entire family decides to burst in here for an impromptu birthday party."

"They wouldn't do that."

"You do realize that you're talking about Lorelai Gilmore, right?  Because Lorelai Gilmore ALWAYS does that!  Every year on my birthday, she wakes me up at 4:03 in the morning, when it's still pitch black outside, just so she can tell me the story of my birth.  You don't want to tempt fate do you?"

"I was born in the middle of the afternoon."

"Don't tempt fate.  I promise you that she'll be bursting in here in the next 20-30 minutes, and if you aren't showered and dressed, then she's going to be seeing your naked butt."

"You people are mean." Logan said finally opening his eyes, and attempting to glare at his wife.

"Happy birthday Baby.  I love you." Rory smiled, placing a gentle kiss on his lips.  "Come take a shower with me so we can get dressed before that door bursts open."

"It can't burst open if I lock it."

"Please, have you met my mother?!"

"She would really pick the lock?"

"You think she wouldn't?  Lorelai is the birthday queen.  There is n okeeping her from celebrating anything.  There is tons of hoopla in a Gilmore birthday, remember?"

"Why did we agree to do the opening today?  Why couldn't I just take the day off to sleep?  Maybe fly somewhere luxurious for the weekend, so we can sleep and relax."

"Because the timing worked out with construction, and it allows you to get the business running smoothly, and still get your annual required continuing education seminars in before the baby is born."

"It's early!"

"The sooner you come shower with me, the sooner you get coffee."

"Next year I get to sleep on my birthday."

"You can sleep tomorrow.  Come on, get up.  I'm going to go get the water turned on, so it gets nice and warm." Rory said giving Logan one more kiss, then climbing out of bed and heading to their bathroom to turn the shower on.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * An Hour Later * ~ *~ * ~ *

Happy birthday to you