Chapter 102

"Wait a second, Mitchum has another kid?" Collin asked as Josh drove through town with Logan in the front passenger seat, and Collin sitting behind them.

"That's what he said." Logan answered.

"Is it bad that I'm not too surprised? I mean, we all knew he was sleeping around behind your Mom's back."

"I always wondered if I had another sibling out there, somewhere."

"Nothing your Dad does, surprises me anymore." Josh told them.

"So my Dad claims to not know anything about the kid, yet somehow he's got a college account set up for him."

"Mitchum is either lying, and knows more than he's telling you, or he's got some random savings account set up in his own name, and a contract somewhere about an unknown child receiving the money at a later point. But legally, if he were setting up the account for another person, he would have to have it set up under their social security number." Collin explained.

"Rory said the same thing. And if he's got some kind of contract, that means that someone else knows about Dad's dirty little secret. I'm wondering how much his attorneys know."

"There is no way that they would tell you."

"Your Dad's attorneys are pretty shady. I've only had to deal with them a few times, but they are definitely good about keeping secrets. They aren't too smart though, considering the ridiculous prenup they drew up for me to sign." Josh commented.

"I think part of that was Grandpa too. He is probably fuming in his grave knowing that Rory and I are married without a prenup."

"That old Bastard is probably haunting you for marrying Rory. And he's probably even madder that she's now running his company." Collin chuckled. "No offense, but your Grandfather was Satan!"

"I've been learning that over the last year." Logan agreed. "He would be flipping out over Dad having an illegitimate son."

"That's an understatement." Josh told them.

"What is your plan for all of this information?" Collin asked.

"I don't really know . . . We have all of the properties to deal with, and the various evictions. Obviously, we are going to have to do some contract negotiations, because Dad said that some of the properties that we want to sell have employees living in them, who were given homes as part of their contracts, enticing them to leave other publications."

"That isn't too hard to deal with. You offer them a slightly higher salary to make up for the loss of free rent, and they can either take it, or be replaced. Contract negotiations are a piece of cake."

"Well I'm going to need you to draw up a new post-nuptial contract for my parents, giving my mom half of everything, and undoing all the BS that Dad and Grandpa have done to her over the last 30 something years."