Chapter 19

Saturday October 8, 2016

5:00pm

Stars Hollow, Connecticut

Luke and Lorelai escorted Rory, Logan, Honor, Josh and Christopher as they all walked through the streets of Stars Hollow, on their way to the town square for the party that was waiting for them.

"Oh holy crap!!! Mom! You did all of this?!" Rory asked as the square came into view.

"I might have had some help." Lorelai admitted

"We all helped." Honor spoke up. "We wanted your birthday to be special."

"It looks beautiful! Thank you so much!" Rory said as they walked the final block to the square.

"SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!" Everyone in attendance screamed as the family crossed the street, stepping into the town square.

"Wow! This is incredible!" Logan told them.

"And just think, this is your FIRST Lorelai Gilmore party." Rory excitedly told him.

"Hey Rory! Happy birthday!" Sookie said hurrying over to the group.

"Thank you Sookie! And thank you for all of this! I know you had a big hand in all the planning and set up."

"Hey, you know me, it was my pleasure. I enjoyed doing all of it. Plus, you know that I would do anything for you. You're family."

"Thank you Sookie! You are so amazing! Actually, can I tell you a secret? But you can't tell anyone right now except Jackson."

"Of course! My lips are sealed!"

"Logan and I got married last night." Rory whispered in her ear.

"No way!?! Congratulations Honey!!!" Sookie squealed loudly. "I am so excited for you! So your mom knows?"

"Of course! We told her and Luke first. Then Grandma and Grandpa, Honor, Josh and my Dad. And Logan's parents we just called. But that's it."

"Wow! That is so amazing Sweetie! You will have to give me all the details later on."

"We definitely will. Mom has a picture on the mantle."

"Well I can't wait for you to tell me all about it! I know you have a ton on your plate lately, your mom told me about your new job. But do you maybe have time for breakfast sometime soon?"

"Um, I think we can do that. Hey Mom!" Rory yelled across the way to her mother.

"Yeah, what's up?" Lorelai asked, stepping up to Rory and Sookie. "What's going on?"

"Do you think that maybe Logan and I can stay at the Dragonfly tonight? We were going to go back to Hartford tonight, but we need to go to the city tomorrow anyway. And Sookie wants to do breakfast soon, so we can catch her up on everything, so I was thinking maybe we could stay if you have any rooms?"