Chapter 26

"Alright Huntzberger, why did you have me paged to come in?" Paris asked, cornering Logan in the hallway about an hour later.

"I have a patient that I need you to check out. She came in a couple hours ago after falling out of bed, and landing on her wrist and arm. I ordered a urine test before doing x-rays and it came back pregnant. We took the extra x-ray precautions, but we don't have any information about the pregnancy, and I need to send her for an MRI, but she is very claustrophobic. I also ordered a blood draw to see if we can find out if the pregnancy maybe contributed to her falling out of bed. She said that she doesn't know if her foot got caught when she was getting out of bed, or if she tripped. It sounds like she could have blacked out for a minute or something."

"Have any of the results come back yet?"

"Just the positive urine analysis and clear x-rays. I was hoping that you could do an ultrasound for me."

"Why didn't you call the on-call OB? You pulled me away from my kids today."

"I know, and I'm sorry. But you are the best OB in the hospital, and I would rather have you than anyone else."

"You owe me Huntzberger."

"I know I do. Thank you for coming in."

"Where is the patient?"

"Room 23."

"Do you have a portable ultrasound?"

"It's already waiting in the hallway."

"At least you had the brains to be prepared."

"I know better than to cross you." Logan chuckled, following Paris to Rory's room.

"So the only injuries from the fall are her arm?"

"It looks that way. Her wrist and hand are swollen, and she said there is pain shooting from her fingers to elbow and elbow to shoulder, and that the whole side of her arm hurts."

"Any bruising? Any signs of domestic violence?"

"None."

"Have you fully checked her over for any bruising or any other signs of a possible domestic."

"She's fine."

"But did you check?"

"Paris, can you please just trust me on this one?"

"I swear Huntzberger, if this is a domestic patient and you are failing to help her, I will take your license myself!" Paris said as Logan reached for the doorknob.

"After you."

"Are you freaking kidding me?! This is a joke, right?!" Paris asked, seeing Rory and Honor sitting in the room.