15

MARIAH BUCKLES

MARIAH BUCKLES

I'm already ready for the day as I sit in the living room. Gios in the bathroom, taking a bath while I'm in here watching Moana.

As I sit comfortably I hear gios phone ding, and I don't want to check it or invade her privacy but I have a sudden urge to.

I slowly reach over, looking at the notification.

—dej: when are you coming over?? 🙄—

I quickly turn her phone off, not knowing what else to do. why is she going over to her house? what were they planning to do?

Gio comes out of my room, fully dressed although her hair is still wet as it falls down her shoulders.

And as good as she looks I can't stop thinking about that text message.

I smile at her, "where are you going?" I ask, examining her face as I hope for complete honesty.

"I'm just going home." she awnsers, dishonestly.

i nod chuckling softly as I stand up, "alright gio."

she walks over to me, about to hug me but I push her away.

"what's wrong baby?" she asks me.

I flash her a fake smile, "nothing gio.. or maybe it's the fact that you're lying to me." My smile quickly fades

her eyes slightly widen, "what are you talking about?"

I nod as a lump starts to grow in my throat, "Giovanna, who's dej?"

her eyebrows raise, "baby, it's nobody.. I swear."

I blink the tears in my eyes away. "when did you start lying to me?" I ask, as my voice cracks.

"I wasn't gonna do anything with her I swear." She tells me, although I don't believe her, especially because of the trust issues kehlani gave me.

I shake my head, inching towards gios phone, but as soon as I do, she jumps forward and snatches it.

I raise my eyebrow at her, "Giovanna."

"I'm sorry baby idk what came over me." She says.

"Gio get the fuck out!" I yell, as tears fall from my eyes.

she nods, walking to the door and out of it.

As the door slams behind her, I sit down on the couch, Thinking about where it went wrong, didn't we have fun last night?