Chapter 24( Unveiling the Past 2)

***⚠️⚠️ Trigger warning ⚠️⚠️ Some parts in today's update can be triggering for some people as it contains mention of suicide, sexual abuse , physical abuse and trafficking, so those who are uncomfortable, can skip it .***

" What was there in the letter ? " Rishan asked being impatient about knowing the boy whom he had seen growing with his brother and becoming an integral part of his youngest brother's life .

To be honest, unlike his brothers , Rishan was someone who never ever had any kind of proper interactions with the friends of any of his siblings, but Anant and Veer were someone, who always used to stick around with Reyansh and stay at the Rajput Mansion, during most of the part of the day, but over the years, as they grew , he got to see less of them , and eventually when Reyansh went to study at Norway, it was the last time he had seen the trio together, because after that Anant never came back. He disappeared from their lives as if he wasn't there ever.

Although he sometimes felt that something or maybe someone was missing in Reyansh's life but too puzzled in his own life and problems, Rishan never got a chance to ask about it , or maybe he wasn't bothered about it seriously, atleast till few hours ago , because now the condition was different, now he was very much bothered about knowing what went wrong.

Reyansh who was staring at the ceiling, lost in the memories of old good days , when his best buddy, his Anant was there with him , came out of his thoughts and looked towards his brother who was looking at him with eyes which had questions, empathy and a look of regret in them.

" That letter.... ... That letter was the most unfortunate thing that happened, not because it came with a responsibility for me but because it always remained me why I had that responsibility, which did nothing else but rubbed the fact on my face that I had lost my another half. " Saying so he , sighed audibly and looked away, once again getting lost in the alley of past .

Veer and Reyansh both , had been restlessly searching for their best friend who had disappeared out of nowhere. But alas ! All their efforts had went into vain and they were on the verge of breaking down completely when a commander from army showed up , telling them about the unfortunate destiny of their friend and handled them both two individual letters, which were written by Anant for them.

Shattered by the news , they both sat in complete despair with their heads in their hands. The letters lay forgotten somewhere on a table, as they cried bitterly, remembering their diaper buddy whom they had lost to the cruel hands of destiny.

Here Aashi's condition wasn't any different, or maybe she was suffering more than anyone. The person with whom she had seen her future, the one who meant her world, the one who had promised to be with her for the lifetime, the one who had saved her from the clutches of her own vicious father, was no more with her. She had lost him , lost her world, her every dream had shattered , no one was there to protect her now , and just the thought of going back to that hell which was her home , gave chills down her spine .

Now that Anant wasn't there, who would save her from her monstrous family members , for whom she wasn't their daughter, or sister, but just a liability whom they wanted to turn into an asset by selling her body to different men . She bursted into tears more bitterly, clutching Anant's photo , close to her heart.

Why ? Why did he leave her ? She screamed in agony of losing her lover , remembering the good old days they had spent, the memories they had made together and the future that they had seen with each other. She cried and cried hysterically . But then suddenly , as if something took over her mind , Aashi stood up with a jolt , wiping her tears , she started to search for something in the room.