12: Fog and Beaches

Jena's POV

My alarm wakes me up about an hour before our call time. I get up and shower before changing into comfy clothes and going downstairs for a quick breakfast. 

I hurry back upstairs passing a tired Josh on the way.  

"Good morning," he groans tiredly.

"Morning, we're leaving in a thirty minutes," I tell him.

"I know," he sulks heading towards the kitchen. 

After finishing getting ready, I join Sam on the stairs while Jen and Josh wander the house looking for their shoes. 

"It's not like you need them anyway," Sam comments.

"Shut up," Josh yells back causing us both to laugh. 

"I found them!" Jen yells from the family room.

"Did you find mine?" Josh says.

"Nope, but they should be here around here somewhere," she laughs. 

"Are you even sure you brought shoes?" Sam laughs.

"Yeah, shut up," Josh yells at him again. 

"Here they are!" Jen yells from upstairs.

"Thank god," Josh says slipping past us. 

****

Once the car pulls up in the driveway, the boys climb in the back and the girls in the middle. 

When we're about halfway through the drive, I hear a loud "Ahhh. Ewwww. Josh!" obviously coming from Jen. 

"What happened?" I ask.

"Josh gave me a wet willy," she complains.

"Josh?" Sam and I chime in together. We watched as Jen make a swift move to unbuckle, give him a wet willy while also punching him for looking at the circle. Taylor pretty much ignored the commotion and looked out the window. She had her hands tightly wrapped around a giraffe and a bear in the other. 

"Mrs. Lawrence. Sit Down," our driver yells at her. We've had the same driver for the whole time we've been working on this movie so they must be pretty close. 

"Ok ok," Jen says putting her hands up in defeat.

"Please put your seatbelt on," he says calmly, "including Mr. Hutcherson."

"Ok," Jen says again while rolling her eyes.

"Alright, alright I am," Josh says.

When we finally arrive at the set, Jen takes Taylor over to Francis while we all go to the makeup/hair trailer. My hair had to be cut and dyed black for this movie. Next, I go to my trailer to change into my lovely spandex water suit. A lovely three months in this suit. 

I see Sam and Josh trying to play staples with Taylor. They fail miserably because of Taylor's tiny feet. I quickly join in their game.

"Alright, guys. It's time to start. Everyone to their places," Francis orders through his microphone. Once everyone's in place, shooting begins. 

After a few takes, Jen starts whispering "Lunch, lunch, lunch." She can't yell because if Francis hears her, she doesn't get to ride a horse in some scene. I don't know how that will work out because there isn't even a horse in the books, but good luck with that.

In between takes Jen would go and play with Taylor, as it turns out Taylor loves to play with the fake props. It's very fun to see a two-year-old try to sword fight with the rest of us. Eventually, the long work day takes a break for lunch, Francis wants to start on the fog scene. So he quickly gets the hair and makeup people to work on all four of them during lunch. 

Jen thought it was a little too intense for Taylor, so I took her down to the beach and played in the sand. It's hard to build a sand castle without buckets.  

Once we had wrapped for the day, everyone changed back into their clothes and loaded back in the car. On the drive back Sam and Taylor both fell asleep. The rest of us text each other on our phones so we don't wake up the others.

We pull up to the house and quickly pile out like a clown car. Jen carries Taylor and her stuff into the house. Josh and I wake up Sam and somehow Josh ended up carrying Sam inside. 

We order Chinese food to be delivered for dinner. While waiting around, we passed the time watching "The Real Housewives" and talking about the long day upcoming tomorrow.  

When the doorbell rang, everyone sprinted towards the door to answer it. The delivery guy was a bit overwhelmed but after signing a few things for him and taking a quick picture. He was less star stunned and able to function. We paid him and he was on his way. 

Jen and Josh set up a buffet style meal with the Chinese food. So after gathering our food we all sat down at the table, rambling on about random stuff and telling embarrassing childhood stories. 

Edited: 12-21-16