39: A Smile

••It's February 2015••

Jen's POV

I don't know what to call it, other than depression and acting. Acting like I am happy and fine. Acting like I am not depressed.

Today I am back in Kentucky. Josh and I made plans for lunch, he is of coming to see Taylor. He promised her the next time she would see him was in Germany, but that never happened. Mockingjay Part 1 press stuff is over, movie is out.

"Serna", is out. X-Men: Days of future Past is out.

Next thing is Joy and Passengers. I want the next thing to be is Taylor waking up.
I haven't seen her beautiful eyes since last year. I haven't seen her smile or smirk. I haven't heard her sing. Every night I play that video that I recorded last year around New Years. When she was 2, she is three.

*Flashback
Today must be the worst. It's 08-13-14. Taylor's birthday. Worst is mine is in the next 2 days. I wanted to celebrate together but no she still hasn't open her brown eyes. I have dreaded this day.

I get dress enough to not look like I am in my PJs and got get ready for work. I head downstairs for breakfast, before I leave.
*End Of Flashback

Today's no better. I get dressed in ripped, skinny jeans, a black muscle shirt with a sweat shirt over. I grab my boots, purse, and phone off that charger. I throw on my shoes over my socks, grab another coat and head out the door.

Just like everyday, I say hi to the receptionist and go to room 247. I walk in and she doesn't budge, she's gotten better according to the doctor.

She can hear all the time, and move both hands and all fingers. That's good, I guess. I sit down and start talking about crap.

Taylor's POV

Mommy comes back like she said. I hear her talk, about how old I am.

Apparently I am 3 years old. And when I wake up, we are getting me a new bed. A big girl bed. She talks about her plans with Joshy. She tells me about someone names Chris and someone named Bradley. Both friends, one is very special though. She says I have been in a coma for 365 days, exactly today, it's February 17, 2015.

I want to see her again. I want to feel her kisses agains my cheek and forehead. I want to see her hazelish eyes. I want to see her short blonde hair. I want to see everyone. I want to see their mouth move when they talk. Most of all I want to see her smile.

Josh's POV

I feel absolutely terrible. In February, I told Taylor see you in Germany. She fell in a coma and hasn't woken up in a year. Today last year is when she fell.

She missed, so much. Holidays, birthdays, and lots of fun she should have had. Everyone who knows Jen prays for them both. I know Jen has faked a smile since Taylor went under. I just want them both to be okay.

Them both to smile.
Right now I am driving down to the hospital to meet up with Jen and go out to lunch. I just showed up. I already know the room number, 247.

I just head up there, Jen is already there in the chair on Taylor's right side. Just talking to her. I slowly open the door, and step in. I see Jen and quickly walk over to hug her. We move to the couch and both sit there in silence.

I watch Taylor's machine show her heart rate and her chest rise and fall.

Many people are waiting, many. My Twitter is blowing up, cause I ask for prayers. Jen leans on my shoulder, and we just sit like that for a long time.

I look out the window to my left, for a short second. I look back and Jen is up hugging Taylor. What?

Taylor slowly sits up, but can't speak, yet. I call the doctor, by pushing the red button on the side of the bed, and he comes instantly.

Jen beams with happiness. Taylor shows this confused look, seeing Jen.

I am smiling, happy to see this sweet girl's smile again. We waited, we prayed and the prayers came true.

Taylor's POV

I guess some finally answered my wishes. Yay! But I don't remember who these people standing in the room are or who anyone is, even me.

"Who you?" I try to say but nothing works. I give up.

There is 2 strange people staring at me and happily smiling. I remember sleeping and that's it. Why are they so happy? Where am I? I remember nothing of these people. The the doctor comes in.

Jen's POV

She's awake. Oh my god. She's up and awake. I know she can't speak, but her look of concern on her face is so funny.

Josh calls the doctor and he tells us what needs to happen. Taylor comes home with me in a week. I am so excited. I can explain what happen to Taylor later, for now we can just call everyone, I know. We call my parents, Ben's family, Blaine's family, Laura, Liam, Willow, and lots more. Josh sends out something on Twitter, so people know. After a year, a real smile finally shows on my face.

A/n

Thanks to AnsleyAllen and @KimBerly642. Also
Kaitlyyyyyyyn thanks so much for helping me and supporting this update.

CQ:

What do you guys want to see happen, next?