Chapter 5

Camille’s POV

“Dish! I can’t take it anymore!” Jamie acts as though she’s pulling her hair out. I laugh. It’s been exactly three hours since I found out Austin was my mate and about three seconds after he left to go to his room in the pack house, Jamie pounced on me demanding details. Typical.

“Austin and I are mates.” I tell her shrugging and trying to hide my smile. I know I’m pushing her buttons. Jamie throws her hands up in exasperation.

“We know that Cam, please give the girl something before she hurts herself.” Sarah pleads, earning a push off the bed from Jamie. “Hey!” She shouts from the floor. Jamie just smirks before turning her attention back to me.

“Well, I just went to the bathroom and when I came out he was there and-

“Omigosh you kissed didn’t you?! How was it? Ah this is so exci-

“Let the woman talk damn it!” Brooke cuts off Jamie’s hyper rant.

“As I was saying,” I give Jamie a pointed look and she just crosses her arms, “I came out of the bathroom and bumped into him. As soon as we touched it was like lightning and fireworks and sparklers. I knew right then that he was my mate. It freaking scared me.”

“It was like that with Ryan and I!! Every time we touch...wow.” Brooke says. I internally cringe, I mean he is my brother after all.

“Yeah for Matt and I its like when I’m with him I can feel the safest most protected ever one minute and then so turned on the next that-

“Whoa, whoa, whoa woman. TMI I don’t wanna know about your sexcapades!” Jamie screeches, covering her ears. Sarah blushes. Brooke and I start laughing uncontrollably. “What’s so funny?” Jamie asks once I hit the floor in laughter.

“Its- just- you of all people- not wanting to- talk about-

“Sex!” I finish for Brooke who couldn’t talk between her laughter.

“Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want.” Jamie feigns anger crossing her arms over her chest but I see her fighting a smile.

“Besides Sarah hasn’t done the dirty with Matt anyway.” Brooke states once she controls herself.

“Well,” Sarah pauses.

“What? You did not?” Jamie yells.

“You didn’t tell us? Lemme see your mark!” I shout, in total shock.

“Guys! Seriously! Stop.” Sarah effectively shuts us up with her outburst. “Well since he’s already marked me, you know what happens next right?”

“Well yeah you go into heat, and complete the mating process.” Brooke says mater-o-factly.

“Well, since it’s been about a month since he marked me, I think I’m starting to go into heat, or I should be anyway.” Sarah quickly spits out.

“What?” Jamie asks excitedly. “Our little virgin is finally going to the dark side!”

“How do you feel? Are you ready for this?” I ask her, ignoring Jamie’s comment.

“Well, I kind of have to be, and we talked about it when I let him mark me so, I think I’m ready.” Sarah replies, starting off unsure but gaining confidence.

“That’s good.” Brooke pipes up. “I think I’m gonna be in the same boat as you soon. Ryan has been hinting he wants to mark me and I think I might let him.”

“Ugg, Brooke, I really don’t want to think about what you and my brother are going to be doing.” I cringe.

“I think I just found your weakness.” Brooke smiles evilly.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I insist.

“Oh well, I was thinking about your brother and how he’s so hot he makes me just want to rip his clothes off and have my way with him all over the-

“Make it stop!” I shout putting my hands to my ears. The girls crack up. “Glad you all think this is funny.” I pout.

“Oh please, you know we love you!” Jamie sing songs.

“Group hug!” Sarah cheers. We all pile onto my bed. Twenty minutes later I’m sprawled out in my bed with Jamie laying horizontally across me. Brooke is curled onto my bean bag chair and Sarah has staked claim to my couch snoring softly.

My thoughts drift to Austin. What is he doing right now? Am I ready to let him mark me? Is it weird that even though I just met him I almost lo- no, I can’t even utter the word, it’s too soon. Does he the same way I do? I know he acted all happy but what if once he gets to know me he can’t stand me? What if he rejects me? Will I make a good Luna? I know I have Alpha blood in me but if I fai? Thenl will he reject me? Ah! What if his pack doesn’t like me? Dad says he’s a flirt, what if he has a string of girls back at his pack? What if......

So much for sleep.

………