Chapter 19

Austin's POV

I keep hearing a constant beeping and I can't figure out if it's in my head or not. My eyes won't open no mater how hard I try. I can't feel my arms but at least I can move my toes.

Where the hell is Camille? All I remember is running back with her in my arms. She was alive and breathing and okay, but then she wasn't. I need to freaking know if she's okay.

After what feels like hours I am finally able to open my eyes, but all I can see is white. I can't figure out where I am but I realize two things quickly. One I'm laying down in some kind of bed. Two Camille is not here.

"Where the-What's going-

My throat is dry and scratchy and won't let anything come out. No one is around. The beeping is getting louder and faster and I can feel my heart rate racing.

"Alpha?! Austin! What's going on are you okay?" I whip my head the door of the small white room I'm confined to, to see the pack doctor with a worried expression on his face.

"I'm-what-I can'-where's-

"Austin you need to calm down." Doc comes over to the bedside and starts pressing buttons on some machine and messing with wires and a bunch of other crap that has nothing to do with Camille.

"No I need- I need- where's-

"Austin, please-

"Camille-"

"She's just in the other room Austin but you need to rest. You severely-

"I need to see her. I need to make sure she's okay." My voice was getting better and I was slowly coming to. Things where getting clearer after whatever drugs I was on started to where off.

"Alpha lie down-

"No Doc you don't understand.-

"Austin-

"Stand down Doc. Now." The Alpha tone slips out and Doc flinches but reluctantly steps back, palms raised.

"I need to find Camille and make sure she's alright and I need to go and kill that bastard all over again." I'm in a haze of fury, laced with pain. Physical and emotional.

"Alpha, you can go and see her but I'd advise against it." I open my mouth to object but he presses on. "You have severely dislocated your shoulder and have torn ligaments. We had to put you under because of the pain and because you were hysterical. I am willing to bet my medical license that you will be of no help to Camille in the current state your in. Now please let me help you so that you can help Camille." He hesitantly takes a step forward, and I wallow in the fact that he is probably right. "Can I help you Austin?"

"Yes Doc. Do what you gotta do." I mumble, slightly embarrassed by my outburst. After a few minutes pass and my heart monitor's beeping is back under control, I manage to apologize. "Sorry for all that."

"Forgotten." Doc smiles and shakes his head before turning serious once again. "Alright now Austin this is going to hurt but it will help you and your wolf heal faster." I nod for him to continue and he places a firm hand on my bicep and collarbone. I tense preparing myself for the inevitable pain. A loud pop fills the room as he places my shoulder back in its socket.

"Holy shit." White light fringes across my vision but I push through the pain and just think about Camille and making sure she's okay.

"Alright. That should set the healing on the right path." Doc rubs away some stiffness in my shoulder. "Now I'm going to have to properly treat those tares and give you a sling for a few days." He flits around the room gathering things and before I know it my arms taped up and pulsing with a subtle throbbing pain.