Chapter 17

Camille’s POV

I’ve spent countless hours sitting here in the dingy cold warehouse not knowing what was going on and not being able to do anything about it. I don’t doubt for one minute Jeremy will make good on his promise to mark and mate me after seeing him the last time he came in here. At this point I don’t even know if Austin and his pack are alive or if anyone even knows where I am let alone are trying to look for me. I’m beginning to lose hope.

The door clicks open and a shadow plays across the concrete walls.

“Here.” A plate is slid across the floor and comes to a clattering halt at my tethered feet. Just as soon as it materialized, the shadow with the gruff voice disappears. The dim lighting prevents me from seeing what was given to me so I sniff the air and determine I’ve been given bread and chicken noodle soup. My stomach grumbles loudly and I clutch it willing it to stop. I didn’t touch my breakfast for fear that Jeremy would do something to it to make me more agreeable. Now, with the smell of fresh food filling the confined space I don’t know how much longer I can hold off, or when my next meal might be.

“No we need…make sure that…

“Alright Warren you go...I’ll…Austin…silent…

“…Around back…pack…have guns…

“…Won’t see what’s coming…

The voices are muffled and almost out of hearing range. I can only pick out bits and pieces and from what I can hear Austin and his pack are in trouble. Does that mean there still alive? And if they are, for how long after Jeremy and his men get to them?

I snap my head over to face the direction of the door, hearing it open and footsteps enter. I automatically tense up not knowing who it is or what they’re going to do. I’m sure I still have a handprint shaped bruise on my face and my lips have only just stopped bleeding.

“Your not eating sweetheart.” His patronizing gaze finds mine as he slips through the shadows cast by the dim lighting. “Is the food not good enough for you? Do you find my gifts to you beneath you?” His eyes flash dangerously.

“N-no. They’re fine.” I frantically attempt to reassure him and calm his wolf. “I’m just not hungry.” My stomach chooses now to rumble, the sound magnified by the silence. Jeremy’s brows raise.

“Are you sure your not hungry darling? I’d hate to see you suffer unnecessarily.” The mock sweetness of his voice leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and his eyes narrow holding my gaze captive. I stay silent just holding his penetrating stare. He keeps my gaze a few beats longer before he turns, hands behind his back, a malicious grin on his face, and begins to pace in front of me.

“Sweetheart, do you want to know what I’m going to do for you?” He pauses making sure he has my attention. Something tells me I’m not going to like what I’m about to hear. “I’m going to take care of that pesky son of a bitch who claims you’re his. When I’m through ripping out his throat, after slicing silver bullets through every limb in his body, I will take over his little pack.” I flinch into the wall at his brutal description of his plans for Austin. “You will be my Luna, standing obediently at my side and then once that’s done, guess what darling?” His wicked smile sends chills down my spine and his angry wild eyes focus in on me. I feel the subtle shake of my hands as the fear for myself and Austin settles into my bones. “Go ahead darling, ask me what’s next.” He coaxes.

“What’s next.” I try my best to keep the tremble out of my voice. I am determined not to be broken by this horrible excuse for a man.

“What’s next,” He pauses, having way too much fun instilling fear deep in my bones. “Is your precious daddy’s pack.” He lets that sink in. Oh no. He can’t. “Well I guess it’s your brother’s now, but it’s all the same to me.” He shrugs as though the idea of killing my family means nothing to him.