Teaser

Jamie and Jeff are back by popular demand! I've decided to write a sequel that tells their story.

Here is a sneak peak of what's to come!!

*** *** ***

 "That was a mistake."

"I- I don't understand." I feel the burn of tears as the pain of his words slices through me. Sharp. Leaving a bitter taste behind. I quickly put my mask in place, hoping he didn't see, but the way he clenches his jaw and looks away says he did. His hands are in fists again, knuckles white. I hear him swallow. He still hasn't looked back at me.

"You don't get it. I didn't want a mate."

I hear him speak. At least I think I do. His mouth moves. Words come out but I can't really comprehend them over the knives ripping through my chest. He doesn't want me. He. Doesn't. Want. Me. Why doesn't anyone ever want me? I feel myself shut down. Like my heart is physically locking itself away to protect it from anymore pain.

"Okay." My voice sounds empty. Cold and hollow.

His head snaps around, finally looking at me, blue eyes searching mine. Something flickers past in his eyes, but it's gone before I can analyze it further. I don't know what it is he's looking for, but he must not find it because he frowns, cocking his head again, and looks at me as if he's never seen me before. "Princess, I-

"Don't!" My voice is louder and sharper than I intended and I work to control it. To conceal my pain, my anger, my confusion. "Don't ever call me that again."

*** *** ***

Check out Hide and Seek to watch Jamie and Jeff's story unfold. Austin, Camille, and the rest of the gang returns in Hide and Seek and I've really enjoyed digging deeper into Jamie and Jeff's complicated relationship.

Comment and Vote to let me know what you think and go read Hide and Seek!!

XOXO LBC