Chapter 9

Camille’s POV

I took a deep breath as I slowly was able to relax under the steaming shower spray. I immediately stripped and hopped into my luxurious shower as soon as my feet entered my room. I had to get his filthy scent off me. When I was sure none of it was left, I stepped out and wrapped myself in a fluffy white towel. Then I wrapped up my wet hair in another one. I turned around to reach for my clothes and caught my appearance in the mirror. No wonder Austin thought something was wrong. I looked like a ghost or the walking dead. I knew my acting wasn’t golden globe worthy and he was going to get it out of me eventually.

          “Cam? You ok in there?” I snapped to attention at Jamie’s voice coming through the door.

          “Yeah, I’m good. I’ll be out soon. Did you get rid of him?” I close my eyes tight and wait for her response.

          “Yeah he’s gone. I didn’t tell him anything but I think you should soon. That boy is going crazy. He has it bad for you.” I let the breath I was holding out. Good. There’s no way I could face him right now.

“I know. I’ll tell him.” I was so angry at myself. I hated that Jeremy could make me feel like this. All jumpy and scared. I know I can act tough around him but if I’m being honest, he scares me. Well not him really, it’s the knowing what he wants from me and the not knowing what he would do if he doesn’t get it.

“Ok I’ll be out here when you’re done.” Jamie assures me. I quickly step into my panties and bra and then re-wrap the towel around me. I don’t wanna feel too exposed right now. I slip into my fluffy bunny slippers and unlock the bathroom door.

“Thanks for everything tonight J. I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done if you hadn’t come when you did.” I tell her. I feel the tears rising in my eyes making my vision blurry. She smiles and hands me a hoodie and sweat pants.

“Don’t worry about it hun. I know you would have the same for me.” She smiles evilly, “Besides that bastard needs to be put in his place and I really wouldn’t mind doing it.” That gets a weak smile out of me. By now I have slipped into the clothes and crawl into my bed surrounded by pillows.

“I don’t know what it is about him that gets to me.” I tell her, “He really scares me J. I hate to admit it but it’s the truth. I know I have probably dealt with worse than him but I think it’s the not knowing what he’s truly capable off that really does me in.”

“I know what you mean.” She squeezes in next to me and puts her arm around me bringing me tight against her. “From the day he met you that creepy bastard has wanted you for himself and has stopped at nothing to try and get you. If you dad wasn’t the alpha who knows what could’ve happened by now.” She pauses when a shiver of fear slices through me. “Sorry hun I wasn’t thinking. At least now you have Austin.” She smiles down at me.

“That’s another reason for me to be scared of him.” Jamie looks at me confusion written on her face. “What is Jeremy going to do when he finds out I’m taken for real, and that her really can’t have me for himself?” realization appears on her features. “And then what if that puts Austin in danger?” there’s a long pause and neither of us say anything for a while. I swear I hear a howl in the woods. It gives me chills. The good kind.