Chater 7

Camille's POV

I looked good. Like damn good. But he looked incredibly good. Like so hot I'd want nothing more than to roast marshmallows on what I'm sure is a washboard stomach. Omigosh Camille stop it right now. But seriously. I thought I looked hot in my skinny jeans that looked painted on, and my baby blue tank top that scooped just a little too low, but damn he might have beat me in the hot department with his fitted black t and jeans that made his butt look pinch-able. Look what I've turned into. I'm a slut. Or at least my mind is.

"Yeah! Ok everyone's ready then. Let's go!" Jamie bounced up from her position on the couch and skipped towards the door. I couldn't help but chuckle at her excitement. Our group slowly assembled after her and made our way outside. Obviously, Sarah was going to ride with Matt and Brooke was going with Ryan. That left Austin, Jamie and I.

"I call shotgun!" Jamie yelled over her shoulder leading the way to Austin's beast of a truck.

"Yeah, not gonna happen Jams. That seat is already taken." Austin winked at me holding the passenger door open. He was in full flirt mode tonight. Boy was I in trouble.

"Eh, it was worth a shot." Jamie shrugged before hopping in the back. I reluctantly made my way to my 'reserved' seat I step up on to the little stair to get in and before I could protest Austin had grabbed my waist and slipped me onto the seat with ease. I opened my mouth to protest.

"Me lady." Austin mock bowed and made his way around the car. I refused to think of him as sweet. If it wasn't for the tingles that erupted all over whenever he touched me, or the butterflies that engulfed my tummy every time he came near me, I would so have told him off and stomped back inside. Right? I mean he's too perfect. Too good to be true. What, he looks model gorgeous, is gentlemanly, sweet, kisses like you're his end all be all, and is a committed mate? I don't think so. He's an alpha. He has needs, wants, and expectations. What if I don't fill them? Can't fill them? What if he already has filled them somewhere or with someone else?

"You ok kitt- Camille?" I'm snapped out of my endless thinking by a large hand covering my own and a thumb aimlessly drawing circles on it. I can hear Jamie prattling on about something or other but all I'm focused on is his hand on mine and the way it's making me feel. "Kitten?"

"Hmm?" I-I mean what? I'm fine why?"

"Camille, you're not fine. Jamie's been talking for the past ten minutes and I doubt you've heard anything she's said."

"I'm fine Austin, really. Just tired that's all." I attempt a smile and risk looking into his eyes. Big mistake. I quickly look away, out my window and try to pull my hand away from his, but he won't let it budge. I silently give up and leave it, relaxing further into my seat and letting the smooth patterns he traces and the constant drone of Jamie's voice lull me to sleep.

"Kitten?"

"Hmmm." I stretch. Kitten?

"Camille?" my eyes snap open and I try and gauge where I am. A big black truck. A hand caresses my cheek. I look up into those blue eyes that admittedly I've grown to love.

"Yeah?" I mumble still sleepy.

"We're here." Here? I sit up and look out towards the spinning wheels and plastic animals that make up the miniature golfing area.

"Oh ok. Sorry. How long was I out for?"

"Not long. Ten minutes tops." He smiles.

"Oh. Sorry I wasn't a good car ride buddy." I apologize looking up at him from where I'd hopped down from the truck.

"Nonsense. You were a great car ride buddy. So peaceful and easy-going." His smile boarded on a smirk. He had a glint in his eyes and I couldn't help the smile that slid onto my face. There was a pause of us just looking at each other.

"We should probably go meet up with the others." I remind him. Motioning to the front gates where they all were getting clubs and balls.

"Your right." Austin agrees, reaching for my hand. I quickly stuff them into my jean pockets and turn to leave. I hear him sigh but follow behind me. He caught up to me as I reach the gate and presses a firm hand to the small of my back as we enter. A simple touch that makes my skin tingle, but also a silent claim.

"Took you two long enough. What were you doing back there?" Brooke asks, giving me a knowing look.

"Camille fell asleep so I woke her up." Austin shrugged and turned to the counter to get us our clubs. Brooke catches my eye and raises a brow, silently telling me she doesn't believe him.

"Ok so here's your club and golf ball." Austin hands me a blue club and matching ball. I smile up at him.

"What they run out of pink?" I joke.

"Well, no but I thought you were more of a blue girl." He hesitates, looking a little nervous. "I can go switch it out for a pink one if you really w-

"Austin. I love blue. It's my favorite color." I place a hand on his arm and smile up at him reassuringly.

"Are you sure because I can-

"Austin."

"Yeah?"

"Stop talking. I love blue. You did well, now let's play some golf. Ok?" I give his arm a squeeze.

"Ok." He agrees, looking at my arm on his. I quickly realize my arm has been there a while and snatch it away.

"So we filled out the score sheet and Matt and I are going first, Jamie next, then Brooke and Ryan, so you two are last. Ok?"

"Ok sounds good." Austin barely answered before everyone had turned and headed for the first hole. I hadn't even noticed he was holding my hand until it was my turn.

"You guys won't mind if we head to the next one right?" Jamie asks.

"No, go on ahead. I'll take care of our little pro golfer over here." Austin joked. After severely missing the first three holes, it was safe to say I needed supervision. Let's just say a hole in one is a lot harder than it looks.

"Hey. At least I'm having fun." I protest.

"That's true. You're making this very fun and entertaining for me too." Austin smiles down at me.

"Good. I'm glad I could entertain you." I fake pout as I line up my shot.

"No kitten like this." Austin steps up behind me and puts his hands over mine to guide me.

"T-thanks but I think the way I had it was better."
 I try desperately not to let him affect me. He just shrugs, smiling smugly like he knows what he does to me.

"Suit yourself. But if the past three holes are anything to go by, your technique needs polishing."

"And what's with all this kitten stuff? I am no kitten I'm a damn lion." I pout. First I'm not good enough at golf, then I find out he thinks of me as a kitten. How disgustingly sexist yet utterly adorable. Ahhhh why is it so hard to not like him?

"Ok, kitten, you can be a lion. I'll gladly make you purr." He has the nerve to wink at me.

"You think you can make me purr? While I know I can make you roar." I stand on tip-toe and trail a finger down his chest. "You can roar my name." I toss him a wink before turning and walking away. "I need to go to the ladies room. Catch up with the others so we're not so far behind, Mr. Lion." I put a little extra sway in my hips for his benefit.

"You know, I sure am glad to see you again. You look stunning as always." I turn around quickly ready to make a run for it, but a cold hand grabs my arm and pulls me into them. They're a lot stronger than me so it's pointless trying to get away. "You know better than to run from me, my little Camille." He whispers in my ear, his hot stale breath making me internally cringe.

"I'm not and will ever be yours, Jeremy."

"We'll see about that." His arms pull tighter around me.