Epilogue

Three Years Later

Camille's POV

The silken sheets wrap around me and seal me to the bed. I reach across the bed in an attempt to stretch. Well, that and alert a certain alpha that I'm awake and ready for some fun. My fingers don't find a warm hard chest though; they come into contact with cold sheets and an empty pillow. I turn my head to face his side of the bed and frown. Where could he be?

Sorry kitten, I'm downstairs working on a surprise for you.

Well this surprise better be good because you just missed a whole morning of grown up playtime.

Shit.

The smell of something burning drifts in from the hallway and into the bedroom, giving Austin's surprise away. Oops. I hope I didn't distract him and ruin it all. Well it's about time to get up anyway so maybe I'll just go down and make sure he doesn't burn down my kitchen.

I slip out of bed and get a head rush. Whoa. I grip the bed as I stabilize myself. Once I feel okay I slip on a pair of jean shorts and one of Austin's white t-shirts. My stomach grumbles loudly protesting its emptiness. As I walk down the steps the burning smell gets stronger, and feel bile rise in my throat at the overwhelming stench. I hold it back and enter the kitchen.

What the-

Austin is standing guard by the smoking stove waving around a hand towel in an attempt to air it out. Jeff is standing off to the side with a broom pushing around the mess more than cleaning it, and Jamie is scrubbing down the counters looking less than amused.

"What the hell happened to my kitchen?!"

"Kitten! You weren't supposed to come down here. I told you I was going to surprise you." Just then Austin turns around and I see his apron. Its painted to look like he's wearing a bikini with 'kiss the chef' scrawled across the chest. The pink floral of the bikini pushes me over the edge and I burst out laughing. They all look at me like I'm crazy.

"Austin, I love you honey." I tell him, stroking his cheek once I recover from my laughing attack. "But what did you do to my kitchen?"

"I wanted to surprise you this morning because it's the anniversary of when I marked you as my mate but I already told you that I can only make pancakes. I wanted to do something special so I enlisted help, but that didn't really work out as planned-

"Hey!" Jeff protests dropping the broom. "What am I chopped liver?" Austin ignores him and keeps talking. I'm hardly listening though, just thinking about all the trouble he went to and how much he loves me and how lucky I am. I feel my eyes water with the onslaught of unexpected emotion.

"It didn't help that you distracted me with all the bedroom talk as soon as you woke up and-

"Ok um gross. We don't need to hear your sexcapades guys." Jamie grimaces, dropping her sponge to cover her ears. Jeff rolls his eyes.

"Please, you love it James." He smirks. Jamie pins him with deadly glare filled with fire, that makes him lose that grin quick. What is all that about?

"Austin if you don't need me anymore I think I'm going to go clean up." Jamie smiles at both of us and navigates around the kitchen so that she won't get near Jeff. Once she's gone Jeff takes a big breath and focuses back on his task of sweeping. I look back to Austin, who hasn't taken his eyes off me it seems.

"Thank you for wanting to surprise me Austin. I really appreciate it. I really appreciate you going to all this trouble." He smiles down at me.

"I love you. Did I tell you that today?"