Chapter 6

Austin's POV

I lie in my bed facing the ceiling. What was she doing right now? Could she sleep? I still felt her lips on mine making me shiver. She was stunning and I'm sure she'd fit right in with my pack. I wasn't completely sure if I'm ready to settle down and be, well, mated but I'm gonna try and be a good mate, she deserves that much. Seemingly hours later I was able to find sleep, but it didn't come easy.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Where am I? Oh yeah I'm in Starry Night pack territory. I found my mate last night. I'm in her pack house. I clear my throat.

"Uh, who is it?"

"It's Trinity; I just came to tell you that breakfast is ready." Oh, Camille's mom. Now that I think about it, the whole house was doused in the heavenly scent of French toast. Yum!

"Oh ok thank you I will be right down." I hear her footsteps disappear and make my way to the shower, grabbing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt on my way. I let the scorching spray hit me and welcome the burning sensation. After drying off I quickly attempt to make myself look decent and less like I rolled out of bed. I am after all an Alpha and thus have to look the part.

"There he is! What were you saying Camille?" George greets me smirking. He's up to something.

"Nothing." Camille mumbles through a mouthful of strawberries, her cheeks reddening.

"Yeah you wanted to ask him something didn't you?" Her dad presses, a knowing smile on his face.

"Nope, not really." Camille answers with a now empty mouth but still refusing to meet my eyes. I smile to myself, and decide to play the game with her dad.

"Well what do you want to know Camille? I'll answer anything for you." I tell her, trying to keep the smile out of my voice and sound innocent.

"Nothing. It's fine." She assures both of us. I can tell she's getting annoyed and might be catching on to our game.

"Nonsense. She was wondering where exactly your pack is located. Or more importantly how far away from here it is." Her dad answers for her. I catch her rolling her eyes.

"Oh that's easy. It's about a two hour drive from here and a one hour run." I say looking only at Camille. I watch her nod in acknowledgement, so slightly I almost missed it and take a sip of juice.

"Oh good! I thought you were gonna take my best friend away for good but at least this way we can still hang out." One of her friends, Jamie, I think, comes barreling into the kitchen a little too loud and energetic for this early in the morning.

"My thoughts exactly!" Camille's mom pipes up coming in from the dining room. "It's far enough away that she can be independent and be Luna and everything but close enough I can see my grandkids!" Camille spits out her juice and goes into a choking fit. I burst out laughing but rush to help her and pat her back.

"You ok there?" I try unsuccessfully to hide my laughter and she turns to glower at me. Once she calms down, Trinity ushers everyone into the dining room. I hold Camille to her place.

"What?" she looks up at me feigning annoyance. I smirk and lean in to her ear.

"I will make you round with my pups. Mark my words sweetheart." I whisper huskily before leaning back, taking in her shocked yet lusty expression and smirk before heading for the dining room. I don't even stop to think about what I just said. Pups? Am I crazy? Nonetheless, I take note of her long absence from the table as I sit down and help myself to a heaping portion of French toast. Finally she makes her appearance looking more in control. I smile knowing I'm the cause of her flustered state.

"So Austin how long do you plan on staying in?" Trinity inquires.

"Well if I may I was planning on a day or two more before returning." On 'returning' I pointedly look at Camille, hoping she got the hint that I don't plan on leaving without her.

"Oh, please dear, you are more than welcome to stay for as long as you'd like. Plus I don't think Camille would mind, right hunny?" I watch Camille wage an internal war; most likely on whether she should just burry her face in her hands or repeatedly smack her head to the table in embarrassment.

"Well you shouldn't stay too long, Camille needs to take her place as a kick ass Luna, pardon my French." Brooke puts her two cents in as she and Ryan make their appearance. I notice Camille stiffen slightly at the mention of Luna, and it's not the first time either. It seems whenever the topic is brought up she becomes uncomfortable. I shouldn't worry though, I'm sure it's just nerves or something.

"Austin?"

"Hm? I'm sorry, I zoned out there a minute." I need to pay attention and keep my mate out of my head.

"We were just discussing the possibility of a miniature golf outing." Jamie fills me in, her eyebrows shooting up suggestively. I'm sure she's trying to set off some sparks for Camille and I.

"Uh, yeah that sounds like it would be fun. I haven't been mini golfing in a really long time." The more I think about it the more this sounds like a good idea, all that 'teaching' Camille, and the romantic setting. On the other hand, how will I be able to control my wolf around her? It's far too soon to make Trinity's wish for grandkids come true. Oh well, I'll have to deal. By the time we finished eating it was noon. The rest of the day passed swiftly, filled with Alpha duties being discussed with George, and a failed attempt at a cooking lesson from Trinity. Camille conveniently avoided me for the majority of the day. This was a one eighty from her reaction to me yesterday. What happened?

"You're not ready yet?" Jamie finds me as I leave George's office.

"What do you mean?"

"Mini golfing!" She throws her arms up in exasperation. "Men." She mutters under her breath.

"Hey!" I protest, jumping to defend my gender, but she just rolls her eyes.

"You have five minutes or were leaving without you."

"It's a good thing I only need three then isn't it?" I smirk at her. She just huffs and heads towards the front lounge.

"Three minutes, I'm counting!" she yells over her shoulder. I'm ready in a record two and a half, just having switched out my shirt, sprayed on some cologne, and tousled my a hair a bit. I made my way downstairs and into the front room where I saw Jamie go.

"How was that for fast? Told you I only needed th-" Damn there's no way in hell I'll be able to keep my hands off that stunning girl that I get to someday call mine.

..........