Chapter 13

Camille’s POV

         Let’s see…maybe a pinch more sugar for the batter. Oh wait I think I put that dough over here. Hmm did I measure out that flour correctly? Oh chopsticks- why hasn’t the timer gone off for the pie?! I better go check that before I burn the place down. Whatever happened to that crumpet recipe I found? I think I got all the needed ingredients for it. Butter! You know what, I forgot I was running low on butter. I should go run and get some-

         “Eeep!” And cue flashes of white as my life dances before my eyes.

         “Sweet baby Jesus woman! What have you done to the kitchen?” A deep vibrating baritone and constricting arms break my fall, and snap me out of my near death experience. “This is the kitchen right?”

         “Um…What…Yes…Kitchen…I…Thank….Saved…Butter.” Wow I am officially the worst kind of mess.

         “I don’t exactly know what that means but it looks like I came in at the right time. Can’t have miss top dog falling to her death now can we?” I’m finally able to shake my almost fall out of my system and recognize my savior.

         “Jeff. I can’t thank you enough. That would have been quite painful.”

         “Anything for you doll face.” He winks over dramatically and reaches a hand as to pinch my cheek before thinking better of it and retracts his arm. “You got a little…all over.” He waves his arms smirking.

         “Your mean Jefferson.” I throw him a professional pout before reaching for a discarded rolling pin and clocking him with it.

         “Ow! Man little girl you pack a mean punch.” Jeff laughs backing off, hands up in surrender. “So there must be some pack event I’m not aware off that you’re baking for. I mean usually Austin let’s me know, but- Oh it’s a surprise isn’t it?!”

         “Well, no you see I’m trying to-

         “Ah I got it. This is your first attempt at being Luna!”

         “Um-

         “I gotta say, I’m impressed. This is enough to feed the pack two or three times over. I don’t think this kitchen has seen this much action, like ever.”

         “Well I’m glad I could break the kitchen in but-

         “You know I think your gonna fit in just great here. Aw you even made Austin’s favorite cookies! I see why he loves you.” Another wink.

         “No Jeff you don’t understand-

         “Nope don’t worry your pretty little flour filled head. Your secrets safe with me. Austin won’t know about the surprise I’ll go invite everyone and it will be-