Chapter 11

Austin’s POV

“Make sure surveillance and patrol are doubled not only in the designated areas of reported trespassing, but everywhere.” I inform Jeff, my Beta. I can’t have any risk at my borders. It’s not good for my pack and my mate when I finally get to bring her back.

“I will Austin. Don’t worry. We’ll get these pesky rouges under control.” Jeff assures me. “So, we still on for tonight right?”

“Um I don’t know man. I’ve only been back for two days and I’m still trying to get back on schedule.” I totally forgot about him wanting to celebrate our bachelorness for like the one-hundredth time. Little does he know, I am no longer a bachelor.

“Come on! We haven’t been out since before you left for the Alpha meeting. That was like three weeks ago! You’re my wing-man! Plus Mandy has been asking about you, and Patty has been hanging around the house again moping because you were gone.” Jeff smirks. So I knew I had a little bit of a reputation as a ladies man but I didn’t know it was this bad. I thought these girls knew it was a hit and quit type thing. No one could ever take the place of my mate, especially now that I’ve finally met her.

“Dude, I just can’t go okay?” I tell him, turning to file some paperwork.

“Bull. Tell me why you’re not going. Honestly, what could possibly make you turn down getting some?” Jeff won’t take no for an answer and crosses his arms in front of his chest. I choose to ignore him. “Hello? I’m waiting.” Ok so ignoring him isn’t really possible. “Austin, man, come on.”

“I FOUND MY MATE OK?!” I yell exasperatedly. “Is, that a good enough reason?” I level my gaze with his, forcing him to look away.

“Seriously?” he asks quietly after a few minutes of silence.

“Yup.” I nod to him confirming my answer. He shakes his head.

“I mean I guess I knew you find her eventually but…man…really?” he looks like he’s trying to convince himself.

“Yeah she’s Alpha George’s daughter. I’m picking her up to bring her here tomorrow.” I tell him, picturing her beautiful face.

“Wow, an alpha’s daughter. Nice bro.” Jeff nudges me wagging his brows. “You like her?”

“Of course I like her. She’s absolutely perfect. How could I not?” I tell him getting slightly agitated at his doubt in me.

“Ok, ok, just making sure she wasn’t some girl you met. I get it. I mean I don’t since I don’t have a mate but I kind of do.” He scratches his head awkwardly. “I mean well…” I decide to put him out of his misery.

“So we’re cool then?” I ask.

“Were good.” We bro hug and he exists my office. I then bury myself with my work so I don’t have to think about my beautiful Camille. If I let myself think about her I will surly go pick her up and bring her here right this minute.

……….

Knock, knock.

“Come in.” I tell whoever is knocking. I don’t bother looking up, and push my hand through my hair as I finish reading one of the patrol logs.

“Austin you’ve been working so hard you skipped lunch and missed dinner. I figured I’d bring you a little something to satisfy you.” I snap my head up from my work and am greeted by none other then Patty. Her long blonde wavy hair falls down her back and she sways towards my desk on stick-like shoes. She seems to be wearing some type of coat, secured with a sash and balancing a tray of what smells like chocolate and strawberries. I furrow my brows and turn my chair towards the clock. Did I really skip lunch and dinner?