You remember the way out? You?

2 AN: I would apologize for my weird English. It is my second language! Don't judge me! Okay you aren't exactly judging me, but, I don't know... ugh, whatever... continue the story:

Emily's P.O.V.

I have been here for a week. A shucking week! 7 days, 168 hours, 10 080 minutes, and 604 800 seconds. 604 801 seconds, 604 802 seconds... Yeah, I have officially become crazy. Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! I am crazy, and this is crazy! Yeah, okay, that is enough of my brain for today.

But even though it has been a very frustrating week with a lot of hair-pulling, it has also been great bonding time with that shank called Alby. When you're trapped in a place like this, you will become closer to the people here — more than you thought you would. We're the Glade's best friends of the year — basically family. He's like the stupid, older brother that I never had or can't remember I have or had. Yeah, it's that close.

And this warm relationship wouldn't have been born, had it not been for that tiny breakdown of mine. It wasn't that bad, really, I mean— okay, I might, maybe, perhaps have had threatened everyone with a giant pot, but in my defense — no, I don't really have any defense at the moment.

My point is, Alby could have run off into the Maze - because, well, let's face it; it's me we're talking about here, and even I can't handle myself sometimes, - but instead, he stayed behind, which I guess was the turning point of our now steady and strong relationship.

Ah, don't you also love it when your weirdness can create a bond with others?

In addition to an exposed side of ourselves, we also let our ideas for the Glade swim to the surface and out to the field. Thanks to my brilliant, yet, crazy brain, we figured out that it would be a great idea to have jobs for the new Greenies in the future. In that way, we can get this Glade working, and keep people's sanities intact and prevent them from ending up like me with an iron pot.

We certainly do not need another crazy Emily with a weapon, were Alby's words. Despite the rudeness, he's right.

And last but not least, we made rules so the tranquility in the Glade will remain intact:

Rule number 1. Do your part.
Rule number 2. Do not harm another Glader (it's what we call ourselves).
And rule number 3. Do not go into the Maze.

Well, except for today, because this is the day we're going to be rule breakers — a day I have been waiting for! We are - wait for it - going into the Maze! Surprise!
After hours of being 'irritating' (Alby's words) and begging that shank, he finally agreed to go beyond the walls. Ha, I knew I could make him change his mind.

"You ready, shank?" I nudged a stiff Alby, jumping up and down in excitement while counting down the seconds until the doors open.

"How are you not nervous or scared? Did I tell you about those shucking Grievers?" A nervous tone mirrored his shaky posture, and I know I should feel guilty for making him feel this way, but nah.

"Of course, I'm nervous but it's still exciting!" I gave him a teasing smile. "We're going on a trip! In the Maze so stop and flip! Running through the Maze, come on let's race!" I sang.

Where the shucking heck did that come from?

I shrugged it off, not really thinking too much into it since I actually liked the faceless - yet, familiar - melody. But Alby, on the other hand, looked at me the same way I looked at the walls closing for the first time; fear.

He must think I'm beyond crazy. And frankly, I don't really blame him.

There was a long pause before Alby could find his words again. "What. The. Shucking shuck was that?" His eyes were blank when I met them, but they were soon rolling when I responded with a shrug of my shoulder. "And you call me weird? Em, you are the most shucked up person I have ever met."