New Greenie

17 AN: The comedy is back! Yeehaw! Okay continue reading:

Newt's P.O.V.

It has been a month since we banished David. That damn sick bastard.

Luckily most of Emily's injuries have healed, and all that's left is the dimmed bruise on her right eye. She is still her- sarcastic, crazy, and funny -self, so that's a good thing. And just like things are going back to normal, so is the Glade as there is a new Greenie coming today.

And as usual, it's Emily's job to greet them, because she a) likes to greet them, and b) is good at handling new Greenies that ask questions nonstop. And also because she doesn't look like the scariest person, but don't underestimate that girl. She can seriously kill anyone if she gets mad enough.

"A new greenie is coming!" Emily sang as we walked to the Box.

"Yeah, no shit. They're coming every month, slinthead." I replied sarcastically, which she rolled her eyes at. "What is it with you and Greenies? It's always the same thing."

Shuck, I immediately regret what I just asked.

"Because there's a chance that the Greenie will be a girl and not a boy." She crossed her arms in front of her chest, raising her eyebrow.

"Emily," I sighed. "How many bloody times do we have to tell you? The Creators are not gonna send up a girl!"

"One day, Newton. One day, they will. And today can be that day!"

"Well, Em, that one day will never happen," I said as we finally reached the box. Emily, as usual, sat down and waited.

"It will." She said, and I sat next to her.

"Will not."

"You just need patience, shank."

"It's gonna be a boy, Em." I challenged her.

"A girl."

"Boy." And we continued like this for a long time, not even stopping when the other Gladers turned up and rolled their eyes in annoyance.

It wasn't before the Box had arrived its destination that we shut up.

And inside that Box was a - wait for it... a boy. As usual.

"I told ya!" I turned my head to an annoyed Emily.

"Whatever, shuckface. I still believe that they will send a girl next month." She rolled her eyes at me for the 100th time.

"Can someone help me!?" The Greenie screamed in panic.

"I'm coming down!" Emily replied and climbed down the Box.

As usual, she used a shucking long time. She was down there for so long that even the slowpoke Alby had reached us.

"Are you gonna stay there or are you gonna get out soon?" I asked loudly, becoming more impatient by the second.

"No, shuck-face. We will stay here forever and build a gigantic fork while we're waiting for the unicorns to get us some rainbow food. What the shuck do you think?" Emily retorted, making everyone laugh whereas I just rolled my eyes.

Why do I even bother?

"Whatever, shank. Throw down the rope!" I ordered.

"No, throw down the rainbow!" Emily responded sarcastically, making the Gladers laugh once again.

How is it even possible to be so sarcastic?

Finally, the Greenie who was a boy (as usual) got out of the dark Box. He was a tall guy with brown hair and a blue shirt on. He looked wary of us, as all Greenies do.