Chapter 24

I woke up due to the sun shining in my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes, But instantly closed it again, as soon as my eyes adjusted I opened it again. Ha, we both feel asleep on the bench last night. I tried to look up with out moving my head, I heard calm snoring, which make me smile knowing it was coming from Ethan. My phone started to vibrate in my pocket, I picked it up to be introduced to concerned yelling.

"Lexi, where are you? Your parents are here and the tournament is starting in 10 minutes!!! Get here quick, I gotta go now bye" Renee yelled from the other side then she hung up. Then it hit me, we've got less than 10 to get to site and we're like 15 minutes away.
I instantly jolted up, accidentally waking Ethan during the process, he shot up on his feet banging his head on my head.

"Oww! Ethan!" I whined as I held my forehead, the same expression that was on my face reflected on his, but he looked more pissed than me.

"What was that for?" he whinced as he held his forehead. Before he could say anything else I grabbed his arm and started running toward the site.
"Where are we going?" he yelled.
"Oh my gosh, is your brain still asleep? We're late for the tournament. Wait gonna be late if we don't hurry up." I replied to him, he muttered something along the lines of 'oh shit' and started running faster.

With the speed that we were running we got there 5 minutes later, which exactly 5 minutes to spare. We both walked through the gates and it was empty, nobody was seen walking around. Just on queue a little girl with a teddy bear past. I walked up to her and bent down to her level.

"Do you know where everyone is?" I asked her. She nodded and point to the direction of the arena. Was I blind to see that before?
"They're over there, pwincess." she said, Aww she's soo adorable.
"Thanks, why are you here?" I asked her, if everyone is in the arena what is she doing out here.
"oh, mommy told me to get something" she replied.
"Did you get it?" she nodded, I smiled at her cuteness and stood up, held her hand and walked towards the arena with Ethan close behind.

As soon as we got in, the little girl ran to her mother. Me and Ethan made our way to sign in at the front desk behind the desk there were a couple of people sitting, I've never seen him in my life, But I suppose they're the announcers and score trackers and stuff like that.
I bent a little forward and whispered something in the persons, who pairs the competitors together, ears.
"I'm sorry but I can't do that." he says, "Well, I don't care, this is the princess's orders, So. Do. It" I say back to him, he just nodded and signalled us to go in.
"By the way call my name as Alexis Greyback"

When we walked in there were 8 different color seat indicating which pack sits where , and our pack were blue. I scanned around the arena to find Damions pack, until my eyes landed directly on Damion himself.
Man he was looking fit through that skin tight white top, I could see his biceps flexing everytime he moved it. I could feel my mouth starting to drool. But then I heard a growl that awoke me from my thoughts, I looked to my right and there I saw Ethan standing, looking from me to Damion and back again.

"Why are you looking at that guy?" he asked with disgust through his growls.
"Well, that's Damion"
"What?! Isn't that the guy who tried to hurt you during your crowning?" he asked, clenching his fist. I nodded.
"If he was your mate, why did he attack you?"
"Let's just say, I sort of deserved it. By the way, he doesn't know it's me" I said, he looked at me like I'm an idiot.
"How can he not know he's your mate?"
"I've been avoiding any mately connection with him such as touching, hiding my scent and so on." I said, he nodded in understanding. "C'mon, let's go and sit"

We started walking towards the competitors seats, when suddenly a familiar figure, tackled Ethan to the ground, but since he was moving so fast I couldn't see his face.

"Why are you here!!!" the figure that was on top of Ethan yelled as he grabbed Ethan's neck. "I told you last time that the next time I see you I will not spare you! "
I didn't need to think twice before I pushed the guy off, the guy fell onto the ground. The guy looked up and my eye widened as it was Lucas who attacked Ethan. His eyes were red, and he looked angry.

"LUCAS, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I yelled as I helped Ethan up. Ethan dusted the dirt off of his clothes and looked at me, giving me a 'stay out of this' look.
"Lexi?" Lucas asked as if not believing, his eyes turned back to normal.
"Why did you do that?! " I yelled. He looked at me, and then at Ethan with angry eyes again.
"You want to know why? He......" he started before he was silented by Ethan held Lucas's mouth. Lucks pushed Ethan's hand from his face and started speaking again.
"Why shouldn't I tell her? " he said to Ethan, then he turned to me and said "He's the one who killed my mate"

People started gathering round. But I ignored them, shock was the only thing written on my face and the scene happening in front of me was the only I cared about at this moment. I quickly turned to Ethan in hope that he would say it's not ture but there was guilt written on his face.
"Please tell me he's lying" I asked Ethan, still hoping that he would correct him. But no he stayed silent and gave Lucas a death glare.
"Why? Why did you do it?" I said as low as I could, I was too disappointed to actually speak to him.
"It was not my fault. It was my job too" he said, I furrowed my eyebrows at him and shook my head.
"What do you mean you had too!" I exclaimed.
"I can't tell you" was the only thing he said before he stormed off. I let him go, I'll force him to tell me once he cools down cause if I pressurise him now he probably won't break and then he'll be more pissed.

I turned to the people who were just staring at me, Lucas and the back of Ethan's head.
"Don't you people have lives! " I said "just get on with the goddamned tournament."

Everyone starting scurrying to there places and the announcer came to the middle of the arena. I walked to my seat and watched as Ethan walked out.

I need to calm down, get my head in the game. Today's the day that I will make Damion will regret rejecting me, I should be happy. The plan I've had for 2 years is finally going to be carried out. I can handle Ethan later.

Once everyone was settled down the announcer spoke.
"Welcome to the 53rd annual strongest Wolf tournament. This is a 3 day event that will determine the strongest Wolf of 2015. First we have Stacey Williams from red moon pack and Clarrisa Clements from Shadow pack." the announcer started, the two girls walked up into the middle of the arena. "Hope everyone enjoys, you two may start, NOW! " the announcer said and left the fighting area of the arena.

*****
"Is everyone having a good night!!!" the announcer yelled through the microphone. Cheers rose from the crowds.
"The last pair of the day, we have Damion Collins from Blue moon pack and Alexis Greyback From Silverlight pack"
My heart dropped at the mention of my name. Cheers rose up again, but the blue moon pack just gasped in sync, which was pretty funny. Damion was already standing in the middle of the arena, looking around for I'm guessing me. Once the crowd saw that Alexis Greyback wasn't there they went silent.

Do I want to chicken out now?... No that's the answer, No, I'm gonna do it. Nothings gonna stop me. I've waited too long for this day to stop now.

I stood up and made my way to the fighting arena. Cheers finally rose but most of the Blue moon pack were just staring in shock. I looked at Damien, his eyes were wide, his mouth was hung open. I stood in front of him, folded my arms and took a deep breath.

"Hello Damion, Miss me?"

_____________________________________
The part you have all been waiting for is finally here... What do you think? Half of Ethan's secret is out? Will Ethis over shadow Dalex or vise visa? So I'll leave you guy to that. Bye

Please:
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW (I will follow back)

If there's any mistakes or any requests you want me to add into the story feel free to inbox me and I'll see you all in the next chapter.