Chapter One - New Hampshire-Getting Settled In

Chapter One

New Hampshire -

Getting Settled In

New Hampshire is absolutely beautiful with all of its pre-fall colors! I'm sure it will be even more so once fall is in full swing! It is peaceful.

Our 'Family Land', as Emmet likes to call it, is expansive and captivating. Esme and Carlisle did an excellent job of finding this place for us all.

Surrounded by miles of luscious forests and plenty of wildlife over a hilly landscape, it was perfect for us.

Our first tour was of the 'Main House' where Esme, Carlisle, Alice and Jasper will live but with plenty of extra room for guests like Renee and Spencer or our Denali family. It was larger than our Forks home and nothing like it. This was basically a very large, very nice, log mansion. I loved the tall open windows that had a view perfect for postcards.

Next tour was Rosalie and Emmet's new house. It was a little over the top for my taste but that is just how Rosalie likes it. To me it looked more like a museum than a home. Emmet's mind was in the gutter the entire tour - only wanting us all to leave so he and Rosalie could officially break-in their new home. Thankfully, Rosalie scolded him and we all chuckled at the major pouty face he made. He is such a big kid.

Next was Bradey and Kelton's new digs located a few miles from the main house and another five miles from Rosalie's and Emmet's. Esme pointed out a few more things that needed to be done since their house was the last to be built. Both guys were eager to help her too and that made Jacob proud.

Mom and Dad's house was next and a surprise to say the least. Esme recreated their entire cottage from Forks. I couldn't believe it and Mom was thrilled! Their cottage was the furthest out from the main house at just under twenty one miles. I wondered to myself why they hadn't made Emmet and Rosalie's house that far out instead and Dad chuckled heartily at me and then of course had to explain to everyone what had made him laugh. Jacob found it funny too but admitted he was wondering the same thing.

Last but certainly not least, was mine and Jacob's house. It was magnificent and I couldn't help but shed a few happy tears! They made it large enough for friends and family to visit, even though everyone lives so close, but also large enough for a family in the future. I think Jacob's favorite part was the fully stocked walk-in fridge! I guess I needed to learn how to cook more meals and soon.

There was one more place they wanted to show everyone - a large multi-use arena of sorts. There was a large section just for the wolves training and practice area. On the other side was a small bowling alley, pool tables, arcade games and even an indoor swimming pool. I guessed it was all Emmet's idea but he just gave a huge goofy grin and said that it was Esme's. Sure enough it was her initial idea but of course Emmet had to add a few extras like the indoor pool, bowling alley, and arcade games. He was such a brat. Esme wanted to make sure the wolf's had something relaxing to do on their off time from patrolling. It was such a sweet gesture and both Kelton and Bradey looked like children set loose in a candy store. So did Emmet! Even my Jacob was having a hard time from not running off to play but he remained by my side because it was then Alice reminded us we had to go furniture shopping for our home! All we had was our bed and appliances! No major furniture what-so-ever because I wanted to pick it out and not have Alice do it. She picks out too much as it is and I wanted my turn.

It took us the rest of the afternoon to pick out all the furniture we wanted. I made sure I had my over-sized chair! I love those things! Jacob was upset because it was too late to go get our new cars and had to wait till the next morning. He was ready and anxious to get it now! I think he was becoming entirely too spoilt.

We had a lot to do the next day after getting the new cars. We also had to go register for school and go school clothes shopping. Alice wanted to have an entire day for the clothes shopping but after glaring rather un-lady like at her, she finally caved for just one store and a few hours. That was actually a huge compromise from the many stores she wanted to flit through. I told her she could go to all the other stores but I was only going to one and even the guys and Mom agreed - one store was enough.

By the time Alice was through showing us around the property and planning our schedule for tomorrow, I was exhausted but even more so hungry. So before bed we made a small hunting trip. Mom and Dad joined Jacob and me. I had to admit, the deer here were delicious. I wanted a second one but Mom reminded me that I should try to eat more human food.

After saying goodnight to everyone, who was still at the main house visiting, Jacob and I retired for our first night in our new home!

Jacob cooked us some good ol' mac and cheese. That was one thing I did like and it was a good thing because Jacob liked it too. After eating my small share of three boxes of mac and cheese, Jacob and I enjoyed our brand new, large, walk-in shower before retiring to our bed for the night.

Jacob was up bright and early the next morning, eager to head to the dealerships. Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie and Emmet already got their new cars while they took time off from building our homes. Everyone had about the same kind of car they had back in Forks but a newer model; except Alice got a different sports car while keeping the same yellow color and Rosalie with a different white convertible. I had to admit, it was nice.

Jacob eyed Emmet's yellow jeep and knew exactly what he was going to look for. Me, I just wanted something simple. The boys rode with Emmet while the rest of us rode with Esme. I liked Esme's vehicle too! It suited her well!

As the morning progressed Dad got the same old Volvo but newer model as well and Jacob found his black jeep he wanted! It took me a little while to find what I wanted but when I did, it shocked everyone.

My little bug was so cute! Bradey and Kelton agreed on a small car for them too since they had to share. I loved the design on it and wanted some of my own so Rosalie was excited to do that for me.

Mom got a simple Kia Serrinto. After we were ready and after following one another until everyone got their own car we followed each other home. Everyone wanted to watch the other pick out their car. It was fun, reason why having to follow each other around until going home.

Once home of course there was an ensuing fight on which vehicle to take to go clothes shopping. I didn't mind going with someone but they had to make up their minds which vehicles we were taking. After thirty minutes of the boys bickering we finally ended up like this:

Esme's car held Esme, Me, Mom, Alice, and Rosalie.

In Jacob's jeep were Emmet, Jacob, Bradey and Kelton.

Jasper rode with Dad in his car.

We were a sight when it came to us all pulling up at the high school. Fortunately, we were all made to wait in the vehicles while Esme did her thing inside to register us. After that we were off to shop for school clothes and school supplies.

One thing we didn't figure on was how exactly we were going to haul the stuff we bought, home. It was ridiculous trying to stuff all our bags in the back of Esme's car and Dad's car. Jacob's jeep wasn't any help at all. They only had enough room for the guys. Somehow we managed to stuff everything in both vehicles, using the empty back seat in Dad's car.

We were basically ready for our first day of school. All clothes and supplies ready, our vehicles ready and we were ready! I was excited! Two more days until our first day while Mom, Dad, Rosalie and Emmet start tomorrow at Dartmouth. Grandpa Charlie is so excited for her and of course proud of all of us. We called him once we were done putting everyone's clothes up and he said he missed us already. He was already planning a trip up to visit.

So getting settled in was a long few days but together we did it. New Hampshire was now our 'Home Sweet Home'!

________