Chapter Ten - Surprise Surprise

Chapter Ten

Surprise Surprise

Saturday. Jacob and I slept in half the day. We had a late night so it was a good thing today was Saturday. Jacob wanted to run with me so we set out after lunch. We ran to the area Chris had been attacked and then traced along our borders. It was nice to run with him. The cooling autumn breeze made the trees sing with their rustling and dying leaves. Jacob, in his wolf form, told me that we would see snow early this year. That made me excited. Snow has always been my favorite part of winter. I remembered when I was little, when Jacob and Emmet made me a snow castle and an army of snow men. I loved it.

I fed on two deer before suggesting we headed home but Jacob was quick to say no for some reason. Almost like he was up to something. I asked him what he wasn't telling me but he laughed and nudged me towards the river with his large wet nose. He lapped up water while I tried to invade his thoughts but he was getting better at blocking me. I sat on a large bolder by the waters edge and thought about why he wouldn't want to go home yet. Then, as he turned towards me with a big wolfy grin, I remembered. Today was my birthday - how I could have forgotten was beyond me. I rolled my my eyes and he realized I remembered. I suppose with school and all the drama going on it sliped my mind.

'Happy Birthday My Love!' He laid his big furry head on my lap and did that strange deep purr sound when I scratched behind his ear. I petted him and sighed to myself happily.

"You sneak," I whispered and he barked out a laugh.

He nudged me off the bolder with his nose and we headed home. As soon as I entered our house I knew who had been there. Alice. Her floral scent filled the entire house. On our kitchen table was a note:

Happy Birthday Renesmee!

I have layed out a dress for you on your bed with all the accessories. I know it's your birthday and not mine but I promise, the dress is comfortable!! (and so are the shoes) Tell Jacob I put his clothes on the hook in your bathroom! You have one hour!

Love Always,

Alice

I sighed with a smile. She always got me. I chuckled to myself as Jacob wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. His chin rested on my shoulder and I heard him intake a deep breath of my scent and then choked.

I laughed. He had accidentally sucked in Alice's scent too. Vampire scents still hurt the wolf's when they breathed it in, just like they stink to Vampires still. I had to hold my sides from laughing so hard at Jacob because when I turned around to see if he was ok I realized he was still naked. A naked and choking Jacob is a sight to see!

Jacob and I jumped into the shower together to be able to be ready in an hour. Of course it was difficult for us both to maintain our focus but we managed, sort of.

Alice wasn't lieing about the dress, it was comfortable as well as beautiful. The shoes however were debatable. Jacob looked so handsome in his Navy blue Boss Morreno trim fit button up shirt and black trousers. He was mouth watering delicious - I had to snap my thoughts clear. He looked so tempting there in the door way all spruced up and clean shaven. My heart even did a few strange fluttering beats and my cheeks warmed. What was wrong with me? - I thought.

As I was about to step off our front porch, Jacob swooped me up bridal style into his arms and began to run with me towards the main house. I rolled my eyes and patted his arm. "I can run you know!" I said but I knew it wouldn't do any good.

"Nope. Alice would have my hyde, literally!" he snickered.

Yes she would - I thought to my self. As we neared the main house I heard a few 'shushes' and even mentally they were being quiet. What an odd thing to do. As Jacob put me on my feet on the back porch I sniffed a few scents I hadn't smelled in while and a huge grin spread across my face.