Chapter Five - Stinky Annoyance

((Thank you again to all my New Fans! I have to spell check the old fashion way now so forgive me if their are some I missed! lol))

________________________________________________

Chapter Five

Stinky Annoyance

As I sat on the bleachers waiting for the coach to begin class, I heard Madison talking to her friends. They were more like her followers instead of her friends. Some worshiped her while others despised her but wanted to keep their enemy close, so to say. This was only the first day of my high school experience and I was so ready to run out of here screaming thanks to Madison. Although, she hadn't done anything directly to me, just being able to hear her whiney voice speak about my husband was enough.

I tried to concentrate on something else but she kept talking about Jacob. His arms, his lips, his - WHAT? I jumped up when I heard her talk about his package area but when all heads snapped to look at me I slowly sat back down while I gritted my teeth. I was seething mad and clenched my fists as I thought about how I wanted to harm that troublesome blonde.

Just as I heard Madison call me 'weird' the coach walked out on to the court. She had blonde hair too and I sighed. There were too many blondes at this school. The coach introduced her self as Coach Kipson then, looked down to her clip board and called out roll call.

"Today we are going out to the track to run a mile. I want to test to see where you are at in your physical conditions. Four laps. I want you to try your best to run the entire thing but if you feel the need to slow down I understand. This will be timed and graded accordingly ladies. Let's go." With that Coach Kipson led us out to the track and football field.

As soon as we were behind the starting line, Coach Kipson yelled 'Go'. A few girls started in a full out sprint, the rest barely a jog while I had to keep reminding myself to not run my natural speed. To me, it was like walking. Still a very slow walk.

I was enjoying the run/walk but once Madison's voice sounded as she and her group passed me I tensed back up. I had to chuckle once they passed - barely passed - as they had to push their self to get past me. She was trying to show me up. Ha - I laughed to myself.

I eased my pace up a little and passed them without breaking a sweat and smiled to myself as I heard her huff. She was talking with her girls but when I passed her she stopped talking and started concentrating to pass me up again.

I maintained the speed I had when I passed her and she was breathing heavily trying to get her legs to move faster. Half her group had already fallen back and took up a casual jog. Just as she was inches from passing me again I eased my speed up just barely. Not even making it look like I sped up instead, making it look like she was slowling down. I jogged keeping my head high and looking around like I was having a good ol' time and not even noticing Madison or her effort to pass me.

Within seconds, she and I were passing the girls that started the mile sprinting. They looked shocked as I passed them with no problems what so ever and while Madison was practically sprinting to keep up with me. Just as we made our first lap I began to pull a way from her. She pushed her self a little more but then grunted when she got a leg cramp that slowed her to a near crawl. Eventually she began jogging again but I had already made half the lap. She sulked when her friends caught back up with her and followed her lead again. I was finally happy and in a gloating mood.

When I began to close in on her and her friends, lapping her, she tried again to push her self to keep up with me. But once again, I made it look like she was slowling instead of speeding as I passed her up again.

I couldn't help but giggle now and she heard me. She scowld hatefully at me but I didn't care.

I finished my mile and the Coach beamed happily at me.