Chapter 12 - Under the Stars

Chapter 12

Under the Stars

The resteraunt that Jacob took me out to was elegant and sofisticated. We both felt out of place but we enjoyed the time together. Alice made sure to catch us before we left to take pictures of us all dressed up together. It was a magical evening that concluded with Jacob and I dancing next to the river at the far end of our family's property. Someone helped Jacob set up a small area, like a picinic, with candels and music. It was so peaceful there and the running water made it so much more relaxing. After dancing we layed under the stars together while holding each other in our arms. I knew I would be tired for school but I didn't care - I was with my husband under the stars.

I yawned all the way to school and during all my morning classes. By lunch I was ready to lie down somewhere. Instead, all I could do was lay my head down on my crossed arms on the table.

"Someone stay up late?" Bradey joked with a winking eye and Jacob shot him a warning glare.

Jacob wasn't the bragging type, thankfully, and found it rude for others to comment on our private activities. Bradey picked up a few bad habits from Emmet but with that one glare from Jacob he shut up quickly.

It wasn't until a few minutes before the bell was to ring for our next class that I noticed the atmosphere in the school was more upbeat and optimistic. The students were happy and laughing; as if nothing happened Friday. Such a dramatic change. Did they not care anymore about Chris whom, they were all grieving for on Friday? It was odd. I looked around and Jacob noticed.

"What is it love?" he whispered next to me.

"Why is everyone so happy today? I'd thought it would be another replay of Friday." I continued to look around and even saw a happy Madison speaking on her cell phone.

"Oh, well, I heard that Chris is going to be ok after all." Jacob quietly told me.

I saw Kelton lean across the table towards us then, "I heard he should get out of the hospital today or tomorrow."

I gave him a confused look with my brows scrunched together. "How is that even possible if just three days ago he was barely expected to live?"

Kelton sat back in his chair and shrugged his shoulders. I sat still for a moment and listened to peoples thoughts. They were indeed over joyed with Chris's miraculous recovery. I found this to be quit odd and I wasn't the only one. Everyone at my table thought so.

After gym I was beyond ready for sleep so instead of stopping by the main house to say hi to anyone, I had Jacob take me straight home. I plopped myself into my soft comfortable bed and drifted out.

When I woke, I found myself alone and it dark out already. I had slept for four hours and now it was eight. I looked around my room and found a note from Jacob on our t.v. saying he ran to Esme's to grab something to eat. Esme had fixed my favorite, blood stew, so Jacob was going to bring me back some. I couldn't wait either because I was famished.

While I waited for Jacob to return, I jumped into the shower and ran scolding hot water over my body. It felt so good. Right after shampooing my hair I caught Jacob's scent and it made me feel funny and tingly all over.

I turned off the shower, wrapped myself with a towel and headed to the kitchen where I could smell Jacob the strongest. As I got closer to him, all I wanted to do was tear his clothes off and make love to him right then and there. I sauntered sexily up behind him, wrapped my arms around his waist and allowed my hands to move slowly downward.