Chapter 11 - Interesting Developments

Chapter 11

Interesting Developments

It was well past two a.m. and I was glad it was early Sunday morning instead of Monday. Me and a few others sat out on the back porch, enjoying the night air. The guys were still not back yet but I didn't mind. I knew they missed Seth and running around with him was something I knew Jacob missed a lot too.

"So Julie, how is it living in Forks?" I asked.

"It's so beautiful there. I love it! I really like having my own room for a change." She gave a crooked grin and then leaned in closer to me. "I am also glad Father let me come up here with Seth!" She blushed.

"How are you two doing?" I pried.

"Very good! I can't wait till we are married!" She whispered.

"Has he asked you yet?"

"Yes but not officially, if you know what I mean." She winked.

"He needs to ask your Father?" I guessed.

She nodded yes.

I sighed. "I know how that is."

She smiled. "It makes me so nervous to think about him asking Father but I know it's the right thing to do."

"Trust me, you do not, not want to ask your Father." I giggled.

She nodded and we both giggled. "Hey, you haven't seen my house yet!" I smiled widely. "Let's go to my house." I stood up and then looked at Mom and Esme. "Tell the boys we will be back?"

"Yes." Mom smiled and nodded.

"Come on Julie!" I held my hand out to her and she took it with a huge smile on her face.

We ran together and when we came up on the cabin Julie took in a loud breath. "Oh Nessie. I love it." She looked it over.

"So do I! Come on in!" I waved her to the front door.

I showed Julie around my nice, small, but quaint cabin and she really liked it. When we were done touring the house we sat together in the living room and I heard Julie sigh to her self.

"You know Renesmee, Seth and I have been talking about things, you know, after we are married and we have talked about living up here near you and Jacob." Julie nervously rambled.

"Awe Julie! That would be great!" I smiled at her.

"Yes! Seth misses being in Jacob's pack and well, I really would like a chance to live away from my sisters and Father. I want to experence knew things."

I gasped. "Oh, and you can go to school with us too!" I blurted excitedly.

Julie giggled. "Yes and that too. I've never been to a human school, well, any school. Father taught us."

"Yea, this is my first year at high school. Actually, my first week." I rolled my eyes. "Girl, it was a horrible week too."

Julie asked me why and so I explained everything that happened that week. She couldn't believe that the human girl was so ugly to me but was glad she seemed to have stoped.

"Ness, I am really glad you invited me to see your home. It really is beautful. I am glad we could have this time alone too because I needed to talk to you and didn't want to be around others." She vaguely explained.

I creased my brow wondering where this conversation was going. "What's wrong Julie?"

"Oh, no. Nothing is wrong." She patted my hand and smiled. "I'm sorry for scaring you." She sat back again. "It's just, well, have you noticed or felt different lately?"