Chapter Eight - Reconcile

Chapter Eight

Reconcile

I was so glad to have the house in my sights. As we entered the house we saw all of our men standing or sitting in the family area that's right next to the kitchen. Emmet and Kelton were the only two sitting on the sofa. The rest stood around in a broken circle.

I smiled at Jacob as soon as I stepped inside and instantly my smile vanished. I smelled -

"What did you do?" I screamed at a now frightened Bradey who was hiding behind my Jacob.

My Mom, Esme and Alice were holding on to me to keep me from attacking Bradey and my Dad made his way over to me too. I wanted to rip Bradey a new whole.

"Nessie." Jacob cooed. "He had to bring her here so Carlisle could make sure she was alright." Jacob had his hands up in a surrender as he neared me.

I was breathing heavily and gritting my teeth. I turned around to face my female family members. "You knew? And you didn't tell me?" I was still yelling. I swirled around and found my self face to face with Jacob. He instantly enveloped me into his arms. "And you just had to stay here?" I whimpered. I felt betrayed.

Jacob stepped back while still holding on to my arms and looking me in the eyes. "Nessie, I wanted to talk to her and try to get it through to her I was yours. I would never do anything to hurt you but I needed to make sure that girl knew there was nothing she could do to ever get my attention. I love you Renesmee." Jacob kissed my forehead.

I sighed and buried my head in to his chest as I calmed my self down. "Does she finally get it?" I whispered in to Jacob's chest.

Jasper neared us and in a low voice he answered my question. "She does. I could feel she was embarrassed, then angry and then sorry."

"Ha." I smirked. I believed Jasper, it's just it was hard to think Madison had it in her to feel sorry. I gave him an apologizing grin.

"I think she has turned her full attention to Bradey now anyway." Emmet snickered from the sofa.

I looked over Jacob's shoulder to see Bradey. He had a light blush on his cheeks as he gave me a small smile. "I'm sorry I yelled at you Bradey."

"I understand Nessie." He went and sat beside Kelton.

"So she won't give us any more trouble?" I asked looking at no one in particular.

"I don't think so but you never know how those kind of girls operate." Bradey suggested with a shrug of his shoulders. I watched a replay of Madison's short visit here. Bradey told her if she liked him she needed to leave his brother a lone or she would never have a chance with him.

I honestly couldn't believe she sat there and listened to them. I guess I would find out tomorrow if her attitude has changed.

I made my way into the kitchen, followed by Jacob, Mom, and Dad. I fixed myself a plate of roast beef ala rare, that Esme cooked up. I just had blood but I still wanted my rare roast beef with all the fixings! Grandma knew how I liked it! We didn't have to wait too long before Kelton and Bradey joined us too. As we all ate (the ones who ate food), the guys began planning a weekend hunting trip up north. Emmet wanted to catch a bear or two before they went into hibernation for the winter. Of course I wouldn't be going. I never did like bear blood. I shivered at the thought.

"Jacob, you can go if you want!" I had noticed Jacob was staying out of the coversation because he didn't think he should go and leave me home. He knew of my adversion to bears. His eyes lit up with excitment but then grinned.