Chapter 1: Welcome

Once this world was full of life. People lived in light. But there a time where the magic stronger in one who held worthy of it; They didn't how to control it and the world collapsed, well kind. People live in the dark, where crime came to be and all these terrible thing. Soon after the darkness came people build a school so that the next generation can bring them out of the darkness and back into the light. That was about 100 years before this story takes place and this world is still in he darkness.

Some people on their their first day stay in shadows, but not the beautiful young lady, Topaz. She was ready let her light shine, quite literally. "Finally a place where I can be bright like my magic" she though to her self.

"The parties can start for I have arrived" She yelled out in fount of her. No one pay any attention to her. Then she saw a friend and ran and hugged her.

Alright, Ruby don't trip and make a fool out of your self. The clumsy girl Ruby though to herself when she first arrived to her new school. Which also is Topaz's new school.

There another lady who first day that the school. Her name is Emerald. She uses the rare earth magic. She is one for the earth not against. When she first arrived she saw this plant that was in danger because of some idiot were rekting it. The worst thing that could happen to both Ruby and Emerald. Ruby trips, and unable to control her fire magic burn the tree that Emerald was caring of. The two girl start yelling at each other. Out of no where a young girl, who seem too young for this school. She used her water magic to put out the fire. She quickly saw all the attention she brought herself and ran away. Topaz saw the firey mess and came over to help with her light magic. Emerald thanks her for helping, but she felt that she need to found the Water girl to thanks her

"Your Welcome for the help" Topaz yelled at Emerald as she runs to find her masked hero.

"Hi" Ruby said to Topaz "I was the who started this mess"

"Don't worry about it" Topaz said

"That was something I worry about" Ruby sighed

"That could happen to anyone" Topaz said

After a moment of silence "Well, anyways I'm Ruby"

"I'm Topaz, nice to meet you"

Meanwhile, Emerald found her hero. She found her alone, writing in a notebook. She didn't know who this girl was or why she here, or why she ran off after the event. The girl saw Emerald and hid from her. What up with her? Emerald thought. "You don't have be afraid of me" Emerald said hoping from a response from the girl whom save her tree. She didn't respond to Emerald. Emerald found the girl behind the tree "What are you afraid of me" Emerald said to the girl who did not run away this time from her.

"It not you I'm afraid of" The girl said "I'm afraid of the attention I got. I don't want to be noticed much."

"Well why not" Emerald asked her.

"Well, I graduated from high school 2 years early and I don't want to be treated any different. Like I'm special" she answered

"2 YEARS EARLY" Emerald said in excitement " that means you Cleary are special!"

"Yes I know that but I just want to feel like I'm not" She said looking down "I just be treated like everyone else"

"Well, anyways thanks for saving that tree back there. I really appreciate it" Emerald said to the girl.

"you're welcome I guess," the girl said shyly.

"It nice to meet you, I'm Emerald user of earth magic"

"I guess we both special, I am younger than everyone and you use the rare magic type," the girl giggled.

"Yeah I guess, what your name" Emerald asked the girl

"my .. name?" The girl said

"Yes, your name" Emerald said

"Well, I'm Sapphire"

"Well nice to meet you Sapphire" Emerald said "Maybe we should head back to the courtyard"

"Sure thing!" Sapphire got up.

As the two were walking back, there a message from the loudspeakers, "All First year students report to the meeting hall immediately"

"welp I gotta to the meeting hall," Ruby and Topaz said to each other simultaneously.

"That's me" Emerald and Sapphire started running to the meeting hall. Once in the meeting hall Emerald and Sapphire goes near Topaz. When Ruby turn around and see Emerald.

"You!" Emerald and Ruby glared at each other.