Chapter 10: Goodbye for the Year

Back to the first day of school, Over the load speakers Headmaster Zinc spoke, "May Team Gems speak to me in my office." All other second - fourth year students were in shocked. Headmaster Zinc would never ask people to come to his office he would always go to the team he wanted to speak too. Even The Gems were surprised that he asked them to come to his office, but they hurry from chilling with Team Star to Zinc's office.

Inside Headmaster Zinc's office, "What did you call us in here for?" Ruby asked.

"Like any place we could meet, you choose your office?" Topaz quickly asked as well.

"Look you girl may have questions, but I worried" Headmaster Zinc turned and look outside the window.

"Worried about what?" Sapphire asked.

"Well you see, Sapphire, these first year students seem different past year. Unlike you four...." Headmaster Zinc said.

"What do you mean 'Unlike you four'" Topaz irrupted

"Anyways, These new students seem like their going to destroy the world. So I asking you four to stay on campus this year to keep this first year students in line." He went going.

"But why us" Sapphire asked.

"Remember to back to your freshmen party," He said.

"Yes" All four of them said.

"While those men kidnapped me, I over heard them and the leader, Mercury,  said something about destroying you four." The four gasped. "So as long you girls are here, you will protected under me and the staff." He said.

"Okay so, What should we do first? Emerald asked.

"Well tomorrow there is he welcome trail to place the team together" Headmaster Zinc said, "And since I don't trust these student I need you girls to hide the item and make it harder than that you guys had. And during the trails stay hiding in the trees so make sure no one does anything... stupid."

"Can do Sir." Ruby said.

"You four are now dimissed." He said, and the four left his office.

********************************************************************************

Flash-forward to the day that Team Star leave for their assignment. The four have their bags packed and ready to go. The Gems rush toward them for they want to said goodbye to their friends going to the ghost town. The Stars were not expecting the Gems to show up.

"Wait" Emerald yells at the Star right before they boarded the train to get them to their assignment.

"Hey, Gems what up?" Izar asked.

"We just want to said goodbye," Ruby said.

"Yeah, for we wont seeing each other all year" Topaz said.

"We would love to stay and chat, but we really need to go, the magic ones we are looking after are waiting." Hamal told them.

"See ya Gems" Acrab said as he, Izar and Hamal head for the train.

"Well before you go I want to have this" Sapphire handed Mekal a piece of paper. He open the folded paper a bit. "Don't open it yet, you need to wait for the perfect time"

"How when I know that is." He asked her.

"You will know," she told him. He places a box in her hand.

"keep this next to you and you need to open this when you want to" He said as he heads to join the rest of his team on the train. The train starts to goes the Star look outside their window and wave to Gems as the Gems wave back to them.