Chapter Seven

Deidre

Something was bothering Simon, but he wouldn't tell her what. Or why for that matter.

She knew she should've been scared but the thought of finally getting answers calmed her - in fact, she was even excited.

Although excitement is often confused with fear and anxiety.

Eventually (and after many cows) they entered a thick forest. A huge gate stood in front of them, and behind it was a bit more forest.

"Ready?" Simon looked over at Deidre and she nodded.

All this happened too fast. But there was no way she was going back now.

Simon rolled down his window as the man in the booth lifted his own.

"Good evening, Sir. Who's entering?" The man in the booth said with a chirpy voice.

"U-uh, Simon and Deidre Wright." Simon stuttered.

Deidre's stomach flopped, wondering whether they'd be let in or not.

"And are you here for the dinner?"

"Yes, sir. We're the representatives from Canada."

The man in the booth frowned. "Hm I didn't know they'd send four representatives. Have a nice evening."

The gates opened and the car inched forward towards the huge manor in front of them.

"They really ought to get a better security system." Simon joked, but Deidre was too busy looking at the estate in awe.