Chapter Eight

Simon

Simon couldn't believe how easy it was to get in. Almost too easy, but he wasn't complaining.

The easier it was, the faster it'd be to get back home.

He pulled onto the smooth concrete near a valet. Hey when you pretend to be rich you might as well flaunt it, right?

Deidre squeezed his arm and stepped out into the chilly evening air. It was already nearly pitch black.

Simon glanced over at her bright hair as it left the car and stepped out himself. "Here you go. Thank you and good evening." He mumbled to the valet and gave him the keys.

Deidre stood a little off a ways and was staring up at the house with her arms crossed.

"C'mon. We've got some information to learn." He put his arm around her shoulders and rubbed her arm reassuringly. He doubted he was as nervous as she was.

She had come up with the theory such a long time ago and without the only evidence she ever needed, the theory had become more of a pretend world. Just the smallest info, only one Mark, made it real. And so much more dangerous.
______________________

"Aww so how did you meet?" The girl who called herself Vienna asked.

Simon and Deidre held their hands loosely in an attempt to look like a couple, but he was surprised when Vienna had believed they were a couple.

He knew how awkward this was for Deidre and if they hadn't known each other for such a long time he wasn't sure they'd be able to ever pull this off.

"Why don't you tell the story, Simon?" Deidre looked up at Simon and seemed to plead with her eyes.

"Right uh," He started. "We went to high school together. She asked me out first actually. It was the senior year."

"Oh so you two just married?" Vienna's eyebrows raised in question.

"Yes we...got married a month or so ago." Deidre forced out.

"Is it weird saying you have a husband?" The blonde girl would not shut up.

"I guess so. It's an unfamiliar word." Deidre shrugged and then stiffened, glancing behind Vienna. She dropped her eyes down to the feet in front of her and Simon followed her previous gaze.

A familiar man came over and kissed Vienna on the cheek.

"Beta." Deidre curtsied slightly and kept her eyes down.

The man and Vienna glanced at each other as if debating something but then the man's cold look reappeared. Simon followed suit when he realized why the man was familiar.