Chapter Twenty-Five

Deidre

They couldn't just keep them here like animals! Deidre thought angrily as they were led to their rooms which were moved to the farthest wall, a room that was much overlooked and wasn't visited often except for the cleaners every once in a while.

Yes they can, she responded back to herself. You might be able to hit them but they're still higher than you.

Better than you.

Ah yes. Hitting Bently felt great, and she received great satisfaction from seeing her handprint plastered across his face like a display.

But there was something about Percy. Something she wasn't quite sure about. Not the fact that he had caught her so easily every time, (she was surprised Bently wasn't the same) but there was something else. He talked badly about the Preeminence, maybe he had a bad tiff with him once?

Eli definitely was against this whole thing so why wasn't he dropping out? What kept him from telling Jonas?

Is Percy made of threats?

They got to the room and Deidre realized how quickly they had walked across the estate,

"Oh um since we're going to be here-" Simon started, his cheeks a bright pink.

"What?" Percy rolled his eyes annoyingly; Deidre wanted to just strangle him.

"-a while," Simon eyes Percy. "Can we get different rooms? Or at least two separate beds?"

"Why?" Eli seemed generally curious but Bently looked more amuse; like he was a parent who knew what his child had done and his child was finally fessing up.

"Because we're..." Simon seemed to panic and Deidre said without thinking, "I'm pregnant!" The same time Simon said "We're divorcing!"

They looked at each other, Simon blushing even more (probably more confusement and nervousness) and furrowing his brow.

"I mean we're divorcing!" Deidre said as Simon said, "Yeah she's pregnant!"

Ladies and gentlemen, the children of impeccable timing.

"Interesting." Percy looked like he was going to laugh, but composed himself immediately. "Which is it then?"

"Just give them another room," Bently said and then added, "I'll talk to her later."

I'll talk to her later.