Chapter Sixteen

Simon

"It's - it's not like you can prove that. All you did was look at her." Simon accused nervously.

"She's a Konkursi, rebel -" The Digamma began coldly.

"We're not rebels." Deidre whispered.

"Don't interrupt me you-" The Digamma stood but the Epsilon put his hand on him.

"Calm down, Bently. Even if they were rebels we can't do anything about it. The Preeminence isn't here." The Epsilon was looking at Simon with a mix of interest, confusion, and amusement.

The others at the table had looked up and a few had even left the scene. One older couple was glaring at them but everyone seemed to think the three had it under control.

"I'm sure Colton would love to be the reason for their death date." Percy smiled slyly with his hands clasped.

"What should we do with them in the mean time?" The Digamma asked and glanced at the two.

Simon felt more angry than fearful. They were talking about them as if they weren't here. He noticed Deidre was looking up at him furiously like she was trying to tell him something. She blinked once...a few more times...it was morse code. She was trying to tell him something in morse code of all things. But he understood even without the repetitive blinking.

Run.

Simon looked back at the three men and grasped Deidre's wrist. He waited three counts and scraped the chair back against the floor, pulled Deidre up and ran; barely escaping the grasps of several personages as they ran down the hallway and to the first stairway.

They went all the way down.