Chapter Twenty-Two

Goodness this story is all over the place. I actually was sort of letting it go, thinking up future chapters every once in a while. But it's getting a little out of control so I'm going to tone it down a bit. Sorry again and I'm not sure now where this is heading so, bear with me.

Simon

Yep, Simon thought, I'm lost.

He had found the stairway again and had climbed up a flight but heard someone behind him, so he hid. Or tried to. It was difficult finding a hiding spot with all these glass books.

It's been silent for a while so he had gotten up and now he was looking at the different designs of each book. He pulled one off the shelf and placed his hand on the cover in an attempt to wipe off whatever dust could be ok there, but instead it projected a screen.

The screen was bright and showed him a picture of a painting with a box of text beside it. He could make out a few words as he skimmed through it, such as Blackwood, United Society, Preeminence, government, pretty boring stuff.

Simon come back to me.

He jumped. He looked around, but nobody was there. Simon placed the book back on the shelf and decided to keep moving. His arm was still a bit sore but his Mark had come back the more he had run off from Leoline.

"Ow! Stop pulling my ear! I demand it! How dare you pull your superior's ear! This is outrageous!" A voice called out.

"Oh how dare she pull such a holy ear," another voice sarcastically retorted. "Maybe next she'll be twisting your oh so holy arm behind your back. Only time can tell."

"Can you guys shut up? It's creepy down here and if something hears us...besides, I thought you weren't allowed down here? Do you want to get caught?" A familiar voice. Deidre.

Simon swear his heartbeat sped up by a mile. She must've remembered him!

"Deidre!" Simon walked towards the voices excitedly. Not far off was Deidre pulling on the ear of the Iota, while the Epsilon was laughing beside them and the Digamma rolled his eyes.

Quite the trio. "Simon!" Deidre brightened and rushed to hug him.

"Are you ok? Leoline said he wiped your memory." Simon hugged her back and then pushed her back a bit to see if she was obviously injured at all.

"Leoline?" She raised her eyebrows. Good sign, she probably didn't have any head injuries. "You sound like you had fun."

"Gosh that was frightening." He sighed and put his arm around her shoulders. She was so short compared to him that she was basically a walking armrest.

"Tell us," Deidre said but Simon shook his head.

"Not with these...people."