Storm - Spemily

It was late on a Friday night, Spencer had had a long and trying day, and she was finally dozing off. She was on the verge of sleep when a loud ringing pulled her back to reality; her phone.

Sighing, she reached for the phone on her bedside table and took a look at the screen, immediately brightening up upon seeing Emily's picture.

Tapping answer, Spencer smiled into the phone, "Em?"

All Spencer could hear for a few moments was complete silence. Beginning to feel worried, Spencer sat up, "Emily? You there, sweetie?"

A whimper, before Emily's quiet and reserved voice could be heard, "Spence... could you maybe come over, please?"

Not really needing to think this request over, Spencer jumped off the bed and nodded to no one in particular, "I'll be right there."

Randomly putting on a shirt over her bra and slipping on a pair of flats, Spencer ran down the stairs, not paying attention to her surroundings, but looking through her purse for her keys.

"Hello...?"

Head snapping up, Spencer huffed when she saw Melissa sitting at the kitchen island, sipping tea.

"You scared the shit out of me! What are you doing up?"

Raising an eye brow, Melissa putting the cup in her hand down, and crossed her arms, "I just got here from the city." Looking over Spencer's attire and realizing she was going out, Melissa frowned, "Where are you going?" she looked at her sister as though she was crazy.

Putting on her coat, Spencer shrugged, "Emily needs me."

Smirking, Melissa shook her head, and with a knowing look said, "Be careful in this weather." She then put her cup in the sink and went up to her bedroom.

It was only then that Spencer, with a confused frown, peeked out of the curtains and realized, with a surprised gasp, that it was storming outside. And not just a little.

"Oh crap..." Spencer mumbled as she finally understood why it was that Emily needed her that night.

So without further thought, she got her keys out and left the house, hoping for the best.

Seven excruciating minutes later, Spencer was outside the Fields' residence. She turned her car off and took a deep breath before braving the storm and running to the front door. Using the key Emily had given her a while back, she let herself in, and headed up to Emily's room.

Slowly and gently, Spencer opened the bedroom door to find Emily huddled up on the bed, shaking ever so slightly.

Sighing at the sight, Spencer took off her shoes and coat and got into bed with the scared girl, immediately pulling Emily closer to her.

Emily wrapped her arms around Spencer and rested her head on her chest, mumbling, "Thank you..."

Staying silent for a few seconds, Spencer noticed the little shivers running though Emily every time thunder roared, so deciding on a course of action, Spencer started talking.

"You know what I just realized, Em?" she exclaimed quite dramatically, puzzling Emily. "There are a ton of things I don't know about you!"

Emily giggled, albeit shakily, "Really?"

Nodding emphatically, Spencer gasped, "We need to play a game! A question game!"

"Okay..."

Licking her lips, Spencer's first question tumbled out, "What's your favorite color?"

Breathing a slight laugh, Emily answered, "Blue, I think."

Feeling the shudder running though Emily at the thunder, Spencer persisted, "Why though?"