Birthday suprise - Spemily

Not mine

Emily's birthday was two days away, thankfully on a Friday. Hanna, Aria and Spencer were sitting down at lunch, discussing their plans for their friend's birthday.

"So we're for sure having the party at your place, Spence?" asked Aria.

Spencer nodded, "Yeah, I asked my mom this morning. She said that we at least asked, since we technically didn't have to because my parents won't be in town," she chuckled, "Her only condition was that we have to clean up."

Aria smiled and wrote something down on the list in her hands, "Awesome. And we all have our gifts, right?"

"Yeah.." started Hanna, "My gift will kick ass!"

Spencer raised an eyebrow, "Why, what did you get her?"

Hanna smirked, "A teddy bear."

"Okay, and why would that beat our gifts?" Aria questioned.

"Because, Ar, a teddy bear is simple, there's no way she won't like it!"

The other two girls chuckled.

Spencer shook her head, "Well, I know it's really stupid, since Em's birthday is this Friday, but I haven't bought anything yet..." she sighed.

"How about you tell her you're in love with her," Hanna said, "That'd be such a great gift," she said it in an offhand manner.

Aria bit back a laugh, while Spencer rolled her eyes before glaring at Hanna, "I don't even remember telling you. Either of you," she directs her glare at Aria before returning to Hanna.

"You didn't," Hanna said, eyebrows raised, "We found out on our own, because you're a terrible friend."

Spencer's eyes widen, "What? How am I a bad friend?"

"How about the fact that you hid your feelings for Em from us for a long time?" Hanna asked.

Aria chose to stay quiet and enjoy the show.

Spencer huffed, "She has a girlfriend, in case you didn't notice."

Hanna rolled her eyes, "Oh, please, that bitch is crazy and I think you should tell Emily."

"Who's a crazy bitch and what should Spencer tell me?" Emily asks while sitting down.

The three other girls all froze and glanced at each other quickly. Before the silence could be too long, Aria tried to help, "Um, "A"... You know... Hanna's just a little worried..."

Emily looks at Hanna concerned, "Did you get any texts?"

Hanna glanced at Spencer, who was still wide eyed, "No, I'm just over thinking..."

"Well, you shouldn't, and if you need to talk, I'm here," Emily says kindly.

Spencer smiled, shaking her head softly, amazed at how kind and sweet her best friend was. Hanna saw her smile and felt unbelievably happy; knowing that whenever Spencer decided to tell Emily and Emily reciprocated, the two would be good for each other.

"Thanks, Em," said Hanna before giving Emily a hug and getting up, "Now, I have to go, I have Chemistry and I can't be late. Come on, Ar," she took Aria's hand and together they left.

Emily turned to Spencer and smiled, "Don't you have to leave too?"

Spencer nodded, "Yup. Come on, you have French, right?"

"Yeah," answered Emily.

Spencer got up and extended her hand to Emily, "I'll walk you."

----------------------------------------------