Smut - Spaleb

NOT MINE

They weren't religious by any stretch of the imagination. Most of the time they just let Easter pass them by, but they were older now and things were different. Their family made things different. So different that Spencer was walking around the kitchen with her long curled hair cascading down her back, the top half pinned back like she preferred most days now that the unfortunate bangs she once had were thankfully left in the past. The dress bright floral dress with Easter appropriate colors was loosely fitted, cinched in the middle with a belt, the hem coming down to her knees. It wasn't more in that moment that she knew she was a far cry from the teenager wearing short skirts in Rosewood.

She was doing her best to finish decorating the little bunny cake she decided upon making the previous night after being at some kind of war with herself, taking this far too serious. Needless to say she was up half the night worrying about it and redoing parts of it until exhaustion got the better part of her.. She was not the best baker in the world...or cook for that matter. Mostly that was Caleb's duty, but this year she wanted to try on her own.

Mainly because their five year old daughter was adamant about having a bunny cake. Sure, Spencer could have just bought one and if things continued to fail she would need to call someone to rescue her, but she wanted to try.

Luckily for her, she could feel mountains of stress without letting it show, a forced smile on her face the entire time she stood at the island in their kitchen, the icing bag filled with pastel pink icing doing her best to cover the chocolate cake that was not so pretty.

It was then she felt arms around her and a kiss at her neck.

"Spence," Caleb whispered, "she's not going to know whether you made it or bought it. She will know that cake looks like someone murdered a bunny."

She elbowed him, "It doesn't look that bad."

"It does."

She continued to ice it anyway, ignoring her husband's comment, glancing up as to where the little girl who looked so much like herself was coloring in her Easter themed coloring book they gifted her...along with too much stuff really. Only children were meant to be spoiled. She could already see the little perfectionist they were raising. At least this time it was genetic. They weren't forcing anything upon her the way it was forced when she was a child. It was the Hastings way. Only her daughter wasn't a Hastings. She was a Rivers. It left her with less to live up to. Carrying the world on her shoulders wasn't good for anyone.

The more she continued on the worse the cake became, the icing making it look like...a murdered bunny. "Please tell me you knew this and ordered one like you always do." It was a little something Caleb did so they didn't have disaster after disaster. At first she was offended by it, but now...now she expected him to help her out.

"I did," he kissed her neck, his hands traveling down to the hem of her dress, "Your dad said he'll pick it up."

"How did you manage that one?"

"I told him," he kissed her neck again, hand slipping up under her dress, "that his granddaughter would love it if he brought a bunny cake as a surprise because his daughter will only get upset if she knows I didn't have enough faith in her to pull it off."

"You're becoming more like a Hastings every day." She just wasn't sure whether that was a good or bad thing. Suddenly she was aware of how high his hands went. "Caleb, she's right there."

"I won't do anything inappropriate."

"Liar. You're already dangerously close."

But before they could get any further she heard the doorbell ring and lightly pushed Caleb away. "Put the murdered bunny in the fridge. I'll eat in the middle of the night when I'm pretending calories don't count." She just couldn't bare to throw it out. Plus, it'd still taste fine. How pretty it looked mattered to little girls, but not her. She made her way to the front door and was greeted by Aria and Ezra, along with the little girl the same age as her own. She only saw her for a moment before the she was blown right past and left to hear the instant giggles from both the little girls.