VIII

The question caught me off guard, and I had no idea how to respond. Luckily for me, Reagan didn't even hesitate when she excitedly answered, "Where does she sign up?"

"Excellent!" Mr. Chester exclaimed, a giant smile plastered on his face. "I'll let the girls know you'll be joining."

"Wait," I spoke up. Mr. Chester looked at me, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "What purpose would I have on this tour?" I question.

"Friends join tours all of the time," Mr. Chester waved off nonchalantly. "It's not like they're going on a world tour. It's just a simple six month tour around North America," he shrugged.

"So-" my next question was cut off by my lovely manager.

"She's in." I look over at Reagan and see a bright smile on her face. She turns to me and hardens her eyes at me, pushing me to agree with her statement.

Relenting to her request, I turn to Mr. Chester and nod, saying, "I'd love to go."

"Great!" he exclaimed happily again. "Do me a favor and text Camila about the plan, I have to tell them about the plan before I leave."

"Leave where?" Reagan asked as I pulled out my phone.

"I'm heading to London with some of my coworkers for a business trip," he informed us. "I'll be there for ten days, and my flight leaves in two hours."

"Oh! Well have a safe flight and good luck!" I tell him, sending the text to Camila.

"Thank you, Y/N," he smiled softly at me. "Now, I don't mean to be rude, but I need you two to leave. Like right now."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion, but understanding that he's a busy man. "Alright," I say casually, then turn towards the door to leave. "Bye-" I was cut off yet again.

"Only because the girls are on their way up right now, and I don't want them to get skeptical if they see we just had a meeting before I tell them you're going on the tour with them," Mr. Chester explains, which made a lot of sense.

"Smart thinking," Reagan tells him. "We'll be on our way now," she says as we head for the door, Doug following behind us. "Have fun in London," she wished him before stepping out of the office.

"Thank you, Reagan. And have fun on tour, Y/N, since I won't be here on the day you leave."

"When do they leave? And what do I-"

"Just ask Camila everything," Reagan cuts me off. Why is she doing that so much? "We have to make sure that the girls don't see us."

I relent, knowing that she was right, for once. I wave goodbye to Mr. Chester and leave the office. Doug was going in the opposite direction as us, so I bid him goodbye as well and we went on our separate ways. 

"So Camila knows the plan?" Reagan asks as we walked towards the elevators.

"I texted her," I shrug. "But she hasn't responded yet," I say as I hit the down button and patiently wait.

"Well then, let's hope Camila knows how to go with the flow when Will brings the news up," Reagan says, impatiently tapping her foot and staring at the elevator.

"I'm sure she'll be fine," I wave off. As the elevator got closer to our level, I started to hear voices. "Reagan, do you hear that?" I ask her.

"Hear what?" she replies confused. With the elevator only one level away now, we hear loud and girly laughs coming from the elevator shaft.

"That," I say worriedly. I turn to Reagan and panic, "What do we-"

My sentence was cut off by being suddenly and forcefully pulled into a small and dark room. Reagan managed to shut the door before the elevator dinged, and out came boisterous chatter.