XVI

I watched the video over and over again, seeing our lips getting closer each time, even though I knew they weren't. The looks we both wore when we were ogling each other were so believable that even Will had called to see if we had developed legitimate feelings. We both denied, though, because it's just an act.

Camila and I had progressed our relationship much further in the past month. The rest of Fifth Harmony caught onto our increased affection, but we haven't kissed in front of them yet. We actually haven't kissed at all, but that was soon to change.

Will had suggested that we practice our kissing to make it more believable to the girls. Even though I was pretty sure they all understood what was going on, Will still pushed it. There was no way I could fight it, either, especially with Camila agreeing with his "great" insight.

So, practice was set.

The girls each had an individual interview tomorrow night, and Will had gotten Camila's moved to an hour earlier than the other four. So, when Camila came back from her interview, we would have the bus all to ourselves to practice. I tried to get the "scheduled" practice pushed back to when Camila had her own hotel room since they don't these next two nights, but Will and Camila insisted it be as soon as possible. I guess neither of them wanted assured privacy for this practice.

I did feel a little weird about it, considering how good of friends Camila and I have became these past couple of months, but I wasn't stressing over it. After all, I'll have to get used to kissing just about anybody for future roles.

I've also gotten a lot closer with the other four girls, especially Lauren. From the beginning, I always figured we'd get to the friendly level, but I never would've guessed, not in a million years, how compatible we were. We got along so well and spent at least a couple hours together every day.

We were actually going exploring today. The tour had made it to Toronto, Canada, and the show was last night. The buses were going to leave late at night, so Lauren and I had plenty of time to wander around town. In fact, we had planned to leave in just a little bit. The other four girls were either chilling in the front lounge or napping, which I totally understood.

I slid my phone into my back pocket, grabbed my wallet, then headed for the back lounge where I knew Lauren was. I saw her on her phone, looking at it with an upset expression etched on her face.

Frowning, I pouted, "Aw, LoLo, what's wrong?" I asked as I plopped down on the couch next to her, taking her by surprise. She had turned her phone off before I could see what she was looking at, and she immediately wiped the sadness off of her face.

"Oh, it's nothing," she quickly said, but I could tell something was bothering her.

"You can tell me, Laur. Maybe I can help you feel better," I genuinely offered.

She gave me a small smile and said, "I'm sure you can. But don't worry, it was just one of those videos that's super sad so they can raise more awareness about upsetting news," she waved off. My hunch was telling me that she wasn't telling me the truth, but I couldn't think of a reason for her to lie about that.

So I decided to let it go. "You ready?" I asked excitedly. She groaned, throwing her body down on the couch so she was laying down. My smile instantly dropped into a slight frown, "Well that wasn't the reaction I was expecting."

I heard her huff into a small throw pillow on the couch. I furrowed my eyebrows at her, wondering what was up with her.

"What's up?"

"I don't want to go," she muffled into the pillow.

"What?" I asked, shocked. "You were so excited to go out earlier." All she did was moan into her pillow, and I had to restrain myself from making an inappropriate insinuation. "C'mon Laur," I whined. "I need your great eye for my button."