XIX

A/N    Prepare yourselves...
~K <3

Lauren and I couldn't stop ourselves from stealing glances at each other. She needed to focus on the interviewer, but I always caught her looking at me, and it wasn't in a 'checking out' sort of way. I, on the other hand, was checking her out. She was wearing a short, low-cut black dress, with no bra and she was sitting down. That dress wasn't leaving much to the imagination, but it sure was enough to make it extremely hot in here.

I needed some air.

Just as I was about to go grab a quick breather, the subject of the interview took an interesting turn, and I couldn't help but stay and listen.

"So, you all are some beautiful ladies," the interviewer started. "Are any of you single?" He was pretty straightforward with that, not even trying that hard to ease into it.

Ally, Normani, and Dinah's hands shot up instantly. Lauren looked a little confused, like she didn't know what to do. Camila shyly looked down at her hands, then back at the other girls to see their answers. All four girls either narrowed or widened their eyes at Lauren, not knowing about her supposed love life and shocked to find out she wasn't single.

"Lauren and Camila? You're the only ones with boyfriends?"

"No!" Lauren blurted. "No, no. I am single," she barely raised her hand. "I just kind of zoned out there. Sorry."

"Oh, okay," the interviewer nodded, unconvinced. "So all four of you are single?" The four girls nodded, slight hesitation from Lauren.

"And ready to mingle!" Dinah cheered, earning laughs from the group.

"And you're the only one taken?" the interviewer directed his attention to Camila, who gave him a reserved smile and nod in return. "Ohh!" he cooed at the gossip. "Who is it?" he interrogated, leaning forward on his knees. All Camila did was shake her head 'no'. "Do I know him? If I guess it right, will you tell me?" he kept at it, and I really wanted to yell at him to shut up. I looked over at Lauren, seeing her look down at her fidgeting fingers. She tried her hardest to hide it, but I could tell she was upset.

I stared at Lauren until she looked up at me, and when she did I saw pain in her expression, though most people would see a blank face. I mouthed 'Are you okay?' to her, seeing a small nod and a forced curve of her lip in response. Then she focused back on the interview.

"That's okay. I think we all know who it is," he said confidently. Under his breath, he coughed, "Shawn Mendes."

"What?" Camila laughed, tilting her hands upwards in confusion.

"Or is it that new friend of yours?" he queried. "A lot of your fans have said they've seen you two kiss," he smirked.

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about," Camila responded through a chuckle.

"The friend that came to this interview with you," he insinuated, shooting a quick smirk my way, causing all the girls to look at me. No wonder the people here didn't mind me tagging along, they probably just wanted to prove this point. I'm sure it was their plan all along.

Camila nervously smiled and looked back at the interviewer, "No, she's just a friend. A really good friend."

"Mhmm, okay," he hummed, not believing her. "Anyways, we have some fan questions for you guys. Is that okay?" The girls were eager to change topics, especially Lauren, so they dove into some innocent questions from the Harmonizers. Now was the perfect time to go take a breather, and I needed it even more after that conversation.

I turned to leave, but saw a familiar face walking towards me. Honestly, it took me a couple seconds to remember his name.

"Doug?" I greeted questioningly, not expecting to see him here.