XVIII

A/N    Just a little filler chapter. I figured y'all might like a chapter that didn't have any drama or cliffhangers. Enjoy!
~K <3

Her smile was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It was radiating pure joy, and I felt every ray of it beaming into me. My body was fueling up with happiness solely from her.

The green in her eyes was mixed with a tint of gold; it looked as if a sunrise was emitting from her pupils. There were sparkles all over her eyes, making them seem like shining emeralds.

Her hypnotizing orbs were soon hidden behind her eyelids, a glorious smile still plastered on her plump lips. We leaned our foreheads on each other's, relishing in the closeness. I didn't close my eyes, however, because I wanted to take in all of her beauty.

"Really?" she asked, her voice light and hopeful.

"Yeah," I assured, probably hitting me harder than her. I actually like her.

She took her bottom lip between her white teeth, trying to contain the giant smile, but failing. I could still see the curves of her lips stretching to both of her cheeks.

I felt her hands slide to the back of my neck and interlock there. My own hands found their way to her waist and rested on her back.

"You have no idea how happy that just made me," she giggled, her smile growing wider. My heart swelled at the sight, but instantly cracked when she dropped her smile and pushed me back a little. "But you can't. This isn't okay."

"What?" I asked confused.

"You're already with Camila. I can't piss her off anymore," she rushed out. Lauren took a couple steps away from me, shaking her head quickly. "We shouldn't have done that."

"What do you mean 'piss her off more'?" I questioned, caught off guard by everything that just happened. I stepped forward, taking a loose hold of her shoulders. "Lauren, it's fine, don't worry."

"No," she denied, shrugging my hands off of her. "It's not, Y/N. You're with Camila."

"No, I'm not," I accidentally blurted out. I internally scolded myself as I scrunched my face up.

Lauren's expression was purely confusion as she breathed out, "Huh?"

My brain was screaming at me to shut the hell up, while my heart was burning to tell her the truth.

And my heart won.

"Okay, Lauren," I whispered, stepping even closer to her. I'm going to tell you something, and you have to promise not to say anything." I looked at the closed door in paranoia, worried that someone would walk in and hear me.

I looked back at Lauren, fear probably plastered on my face. Her eyebrows were slightly furrowed, but her expression was compassionate. I could tell that she knew I was worried and that she wanted to help.

"I promise. What is it?"

That's all I needed to hear before I spilled everything to her.

My leg twitching brought me out of my slumber. I slightly lifted my head to look at the sleeping girl in my arms, making sure I didn't wake her with my sudden movement. Her breathing was still even, telling me she was in a deep sleep. A small smile grew on my lips, and I casually snuggled even more into her back. Before I could think about it, I gently kissed the back of her head. I felt my arm tighten around her waist, and she unconsciously hugged my hand closer to her.