Prologue

We're back!!! XD

I am so excited to see you back for another adventure!

So this here is the prologue, basically just the last chapter from It's Only Forever. Side note: please notice that when put in order the two books are- It's Only Forever, Not Long At All. I'm awful I know :)

Also, in case you beautiful people didn't notice, this book is for followers only. Why? Well I contemplated this a long while and you guys are the ones who have endlessly supported me. This is for you personally. Anyone can read the first book and there are a few of you who were reading when I first started updating, you know who you are. This story is for all my old timers and any new people who want to join our circle of love.

One last note, I don't know if everyone knows- but recently there was a mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando. Fifty dead, I think just as many injured. It is being called an act of terrorism, an act of hate. I consider it an uneducated act from a lack of love. If any of you are religious, send your prayers. If you're not, send your love.

I'm just going to very shortly get preachy, I try not to too often. ;)

We need to love each other. Everyone's saying it, but we need to act on it and help others to do the same. It's not easy. I'll be the first to admit it. I consider myself a loving and accepting person, but I learn everyday how to be even more so. There's a girl in my driver's ED with Asperger's disease (a form of autism). Not one person has done anything but laugh at her. I was even annoyed with her until I found out. I kick myself everyday for being close minded. We actually have so much in common. This happens everyday with everyone. We need to open our minds and educate ourselves. I know you've heard it before and I'll stop talking before I go all crazy- but seriously, you need to accept people. I'm speaking to everyone of you, individually. You need to be loving. You need to be responsible. You need to be kind so that others can be inspired and touched. I don't care who you are, what you believe, your gender, orientation, skin color, heritage, home life, status, GPA, financial situation, mental state, or insecurities. I can honestly say that everyone is beautiful. You all have something to bring to this world. You are beautiful. I may not like you, but I will love you and cherish you and celebrate you because you are human. This isn't a one person job. We need to open our hearts, to people both the same and different. It's going to be hard because love isn't easy.

If you ever need help or need a few kind words, please contact me. I love to be kind and I love to compliment people. Happiness is what makes me feel like I'm worth it. Honestly. Be kind to each other in the comments section, I already see so many awesome interactions every day there. Do this more! Now if you kindly excuse me, I have a soapbox to get off. So read on if you please, the first official chapter will be posted on the thirtieth.

As always:

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

LOVE YOURSELF SO YOU CAN LOVE OTHERS <3

Now let's do this ^-^

 I lifted my head, feeling dizzy. My eyes wouldn't focus and the colors in front of me blurred like a Van Gogh painting. The ground was soft and smelled like my perfume. I sat and pressed my hands against my face, trying to rid myself of the sensation. My hands left my face and I gazed in confusion at my bedroom. I was on my bed, in my bedroom. At home. 

I stood, steadying myself on the bedpost and looked at myself in the mirror. My favorite shirt was ripped at the sleeves and my shoes were shredded at the bottoms. My hair was in a state of panic and my jeans were splattered with mud and who knows what else. My balance was returning and I took a few steps towards my dresser lined with stuffed animals and fairytale stories.

Lightening streaked across the sky and a rumble shook outside. I picked up my music box and cranked it up, seeing if it would play its song. There was no sound save the pittering of rain. My thoughts drifted to Jareth and I sunk onto the floor, music box in hand. What would happen to him? What didn't we find? What was the clue? I hugged the little item to my chest and let my hair fall around me. This time there'd be no going back. I felt tears gathering in my eyes but they didn't fall. I was too tired to cry.

I groggily gathered a handful of clothes from my closet and plodded to the bathroom. The water in the shower was hot and clean as it slid down my back and legs. I watched the grimy filth wash itself down the drain. What was I going to do now? There was no going back. I poured an excessive amount of shampoo into my hand and drizzled it over my hair. The suds fizzled around my ears. I wondered about Hoggle and what he'd say. If Sir Didymus was already concocting a plan to save me. I wrapped a towel around me and stepped out of the warmth of the shower. The cold hit me and goosebumps rose over my body.

What would the goblins do without their goblin king? What if none of it was real? I plugged in my hair dryer and stared at my reflection in the mirror as I dried piece by piece of my hair. For all I knew I could be a mental patient in a hospital right now. Maybe I had tragically lost my husband and kids in a car crash and this was all just a mass delusion I was making up to help me cope. Maybe I was shot up with drugs in a puppet store and that's where all my friends had come from.

My effort to distract myself was only depressing me further so I slipped on my Peter Pan pajama pants and an oversized t-shirt. I grabbed my disgusting clothes and, after looking them over, tossed them in the trash. There was no way they would ever be able to be repaired. I sat thoughtlessly on my bed, listening to the now pounding rain. It was heavy and loud. I leaned back against my pillows and closed my eyes.

Bum bum bum.

A knock from downstairs lifted me from the quiet. I groaned, knowing Karen had probably neglected to bring her house key with her and needed to be let back in. I walked down the stairs, it was so great being home where I was of such use to people I loved oh so much. I mouthed words to myself, mocking my step mom. Grumpily I yanked open the front door.

"Jareth?"

My eyes widened, he wore a button up shirt and dark jeans that clung to him from the rain. His short hair hung in a sopping mess around his face and he was breathing heavily. I said his name again, "Jareth..."

He frowned at me and supported himself against the door frame. He looked over his shoulder and panting asked, "Who?"