Chapter Fifteen

Sarah's POV:

     The horror on his face was painfully obvious. I knew he had just discovered a life altering truth. He probably even needed time.

      That being said, I could've handled the situation better. 

      "I knew you would figure it out!" I jumped up to stand on his bed, excitement coursing through my body. I let out a high pitched scream and bounced on the mattress, "I told you so!"

      His head snapped up to me, hopelessly watching as I jumped off his bed. I slammed my tea onto his nightstand before hopping back up, "I told you! I told you! I can't believe it!"

      I saw the completely crushed look on his face and stopped my bouncing, trying in vain to push my grin back down, "I am really sorry David."

      His eyes slipped from mine and fell to the wall behind me. My excitement ebbed at his silence and I knelt down in front of him, trying to get his eye contact back, "David?"

      Looking back to me, his mind was lost, "Who am I?"

      The weight of his realization stopped me and I bit my lip, unsure of how to answer. Moving to sit next to him, I shrugged, "I guess you're David. I mean, no offense, but Jareth would never wear that."

      I lightly jabbed at his soft, overworn Beatles shirt and he gave a small smile. As bad of a time as it was, I couldn't help but realize how beautiful his smile was. I knew they were the same person, but everything about David was different than Jareth. Including his smile.

      Encouraged by his lightening expression, I pinched the sleeve of his shirt and gave it a soft wave, "I mean really, how old is this thing? Can you even buy things in this poor of condition."

      A small laugh erupted from his mouth and he looked over to me, smiling, "Oh I'm sorry, Ms. Peter Pan. Where did you find those pajamas again? The junior's section?"

      I bit my lip, grinning, "Yes, actually. I buy two sizes up."

      David stopped, gauging my face to see if I was joking. When I didn't say anything he laughed, "Are you serious?"

      I smiled, eyebrows arched, "Yeah."

      He laughed harder and I grabbed a pillow, playfully smacking him with it. The pillow bounced against his chest and David jumped up suddenly, "Oh! Damn!"

      I frowned at the wet stain that had begun to spread across his shirt. My eyes found the cup of tea that he had left on the bed, empty and surrounded by wet sheets. I gave a half laugh, "Oh no."

      When I turned back to him, David was wringing the shirt out. My eyes widened, "Stop! The carpet!"

      His eyes searched my face, not realizing the problem. He looked down and pressed his lips together before smiling up at the ceiling, "Ah, perfect."

      I laughed, "I am so sorry."

      David shook his head, "No it's..."

      We both looked to the mess on the bed and I quickly grabbed the cup, "Let me help you."

      He nodded, "Yeah, I'm going to change and then we can grab the sheets."

      I climbed off the bed, pulling pillows to the floor. Setting his cup next to mine, I began grabbing at the mass of pillows when I caught his movement out of the corner of my eye. It was one smooth motion, and suddenly his shirt was in his hands instead of on his body. I caught myself watching and hurriedly grabbed another pillow.