Chapter Seventeen

Sarah's POV: 

      David stood over me, watching as I tugged the roll of duct tape around Ziggy, "When do you think he'll wake up?"

      Grunting, I pulled the tape from the back of the chair over Ziggy's chest, firmly wrapping him, "I don't know."

      David nodded, sniffing as he dug his hands into his pockets, "Do you need more tape?"

      I paused to look up at him, blowing the hair out of my face, "Hey David?"

      He shifted, leaning forward, "Yeah?"

      "Shut up." 

      David nodded, "Right. Sorry."

      I smiled tightly at him before bending back over my work. Music played softly overhead, occasionally being interrupted by the harsh zip of yanked duct tape. I worked from chest, to arms, and then knelt to wrap the tape around his ankles. I was on the left leg when I looked up, "Should we save a piece for his mouth?" I squinted up at David, "Or is that too CSI?"

      David stared at me, "I... I don't normally bind people up so I..." he shrugged, shaking his head. I pursed my lips to the side, "Probably not, huh? It's a bit cliche." 

      David blinked at me before looking off to a wall, mouthing words to himself. This obviously wasn't his strong suit. I bent back down to finish the leg when a thought hit me, was this my strong suit? A week ago I was just a girl playing dress up, complaining about her younger brother. Oh no... A chilling thought hit me, suddenly filling my chest. Where was my brother? I stared wide eyed at the duct tape- I didn't remember him crying when I returned from the labyrinth.  My parents hadn't been home either. At least I didn't think so.

      There was a groan and Ziggy's right foot slid over the floor. I quickly reached out, shoving it back against the chair before wrapping it in tape. This was a disaster. Pushing myself up, I stood in front of Ziggy as he rolled his head from his chest up to his shoulder. His mouth hung open,  the blood under his nose starting to crust. He swallowed, disoriented eyes searching the room, "What the f-"

      Eyes closing, his head dropped as he fell quiet again. David let out a breath, "Oh thank God."

     I turned to face him and he faintly smiled at me, "I was not ready for that. Oo," he shook out his shoulders as if being hit by a chill. Crossing his arms, he watched Ziggy, "So now what? You know, we could shine a light in his face. Or is that too cliche?"

     He grinned over at me but I was too preoccupied for the joke. David's smile dropped and he turned towards me, "You okay? Do you actually want the light?"

      I stared blankly at him in panic, "I have no idea where my brother is."

      David's stare was just as empty, "You have a brother?"

      Rolling my eyes, I turned back towards an unconscious Ziggy and David backpedaled, "What? No, it's just that you never mentioned him and-"

      There was another moan as Ziggy lifted his head back up. We both watched in silence as he looked between the two of us, "I-" he stopped, noticing the duct tape. He sighed, leaning his head towards the ceiling, "You've got to be kidding me." 

      I stepped forward, knowing there were a million questions to ask. But the only one that came out was, "Where is my brother?"

      Ziggy moved his head towards me, "Brother?"

       Fear and anger was rising inside me as I took another step, "Listen, I'm just about fed up with your games so you better get that mouth moving."

      "I don't know anything about your brother."

      I didn't back down, "Liar."

      From behind me I heard David's voice, "Who are you?"

      I turned as he made his way to my side. Part of me was grateful to be getting back on track, but the larger part was on fire- I needed to find my brother. Ziggy's pause wasn't long, "I don't know that either." The disbelief in our faces seemed to fuel a sense of panic in him, "Look, it's not what you think. I'm not the bad guy here."

      David spoke before I could, "You tried to run."

      Ziggy stopped, mouth open, "But-"

      It was my turn, I pushed my anger at Ziggy, "You never tried to help David."

      "Okay-"

       David stepped up for me, "You knew the truth but continued to lie to me."

      Ziggy turned to me, waiting for the next accusation. I went through the list in my head but couldn't pull anything else up. Stuck, I gave a cold shrug, "I don't know you well enough to say anything else."

      David glanced at me, hearing my falter. Ziggy used the silence to his advantage, "You cornered me.You're not the only ones in trouble here, okay?"

      "What's that supposed to mean?" David had grabbed control of the situation and I nodded, handing off the reigns.

      Ziggy's shoulder jerked as he tried to move his arm, "Look-" He stopped in annoyance, "Can you get me out?"

      I stared him down, "I hope that's a joke."

      Defensive, Ziggy looked to me, "I'm not the one trying to get to you."

      "Then who is?" 

      His eyes wandered the room before finding us again, "Listen, I... it's along story."

      Pursing my lips, I dropped to the floor and crossed my legs, "Let's hear it."

      Ziggy watched me before turning his eyes to David. Ziggy's mouth opened hopelessly, but nothing came out. I looked up, watching my partner in crime. Not making eye contact with our prisoner, he shrugged and joined me on the floor. I smiled sweetly at Ziggy, "It's been awhile since I've had story time."

      Our eyes locked, emotions boiling in my tight smile, "Make it a good one."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my lovelies! I am so incredibly sorry for the incredibly late update. It has been a crazy ending to the school year. How are you guys? ^-^

As always, you guys pushed me forward. Shout outs to @IcarusAscending, @AnimeMemeShit, and @music1030! Your comments are life affirming. I'm listening to very uplifting music and just broke through a case of writer's fear so I'm very excited here.

Anywho, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know this isn't your average Labyrinth fanfic, but thank you for sticking with me through it. I love all of you, your support is very cherished. Alright, I'm off and I hope to hear from you soon!

AS ALWAYS:

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

GO ON AN ADVENTURE! ^-^