Chapter Nine

Sarah's POV:

      Small. Little. Small. 

      Shapes. A star. A very bright star!

      A drop of blood had crusted over the spot from the needle injection. I watched it as it seemed to float up off my arm. 

      My hand was stinging, clean bandages wrapped around the raw cut. 

      A woozy sort of sleep was playing around my head, spreading through my body. 

      "She'll fall asleep soon." 

      I started, where had the star gone? 

      A flower... and then... darkness. 

...............................................................................................................................................................

David's POV:

      "Well for heaven's sake, do not stare at the poor fellow."

      I stood rooted to the ground, staring at the massive orange thing. It absently bobbed its massive head in the dim parking lot, letting out a low, "Luuudooo..."

      My eyes widened, "Ludo. Right."

      Grabbing my keys from my pocket, I suddenly stopped, "Where on Earth is he supposed to sit?"

      Didymus looked at my worn truck and pointed, "He shall ride in your cattle compartment. Come now, brother."

      I watched in painful hopelessness as Ludo climbed into the bed of my truck, carefully tucking his knees into his chest. The two smiled at Hidget and I, but we looked instead at the nearly grounded back end of the truck. Insurance wouldn't cover any of this if there were damages.

      "Well, let's not waste time." The troll headed to the side of the truck, looking up, "How does it open?"

      I leaned over him and tugged the door open before making my way to the driver's side. Sir Didymus sat comfortably in the passenger seat with Hoggee still clambering into the car. Sitting next to the small fox, I stretched my seat belt over me as the troll gave Didymus a small push, "Scoot."

      The two sat on the seat and, after taking a moment to debate, I clicked their seat belt over them as well. Hogpin pushed it out of his face, "Okay. Where are we going then?"

      I paused, "Shoot."

      I knew the name of the place, but how to get there? Why would I have known that? I hurriedly pulled up my GPS as the two stared at me.

      You have reached your data limit. Please contact your provider to...

      I stared at my cell. My expression must have been more transparent than I thought because Heggit nodded in my direction, "What'd you do this time, fig wipe?"

      I looked up before meeting the troll's gaze, "Fig... what'd you say?"

      "You heard me."

      I narrowed my eyes at him but was at loss for a response and so let it go, "My data is out."

      "What does that mean for us, my lord?"

      I watched the troll, preparing for another insult, "It means I don't know... where we're going."

      As expected, he rolled his eyes, "Old boot."