Chapter 14: It's Vegas Baby

Joanie hung up the phone and nodded her head at the other two women looking at her, "Ok, now to get that letter in the mail. Where's Marjorie? We'll need Sal's help on this one."

June and Norma exchanged glances with each other smiling mischievously. 

"What?" asked Joanie looking confused.

"It's just before this week we'd never heard of Sal and now you call him for everything." Smiled Norma as she replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Joanie

Replying in a joking tone June said, "Well it seems that someone has a crush."

June and Norma nudged each other as they smirked at Joanie. 

Joanie's face grew warm as she thought of a reply. "Just because I ask him for help doesn't mean I have a crush."

Trying to hide her amusement Norma asked, "Oh, so you don't like him?"

With a look of mischief, June smiled at Norma who was giving her a concerned look. June shrugged as she said, "I mean if you don't like him I might ask him out. He is handsome and a hoot." 

Joanie was growing hot and bluntly replied "Fine. I don't care what you do."

Ridiculous. This is absurd. Who cares. Stupid.  

"Ok, I'll get his info from Marj." Replied June sarcastically pulling out her cell phone.

Over my dead body. Shut up. Stupid. Whatever. 

Walking out of the room Joanie's left eye twitched with her face still warm with a mixture of embarrassment and anger. 

She shook her head replied, "Whatever."

The two women giggled like school girls after Joanie left.

"You're not really going to ask him out are you June?" asked Norma sounding concerned. Her eyes scanned June trying to decide if she was serious.

Scoffing June replied, "And why wouldn't I?"

Giving June a reprimanding look, Norma responded. "Because you know it'd upset Joanie." 

June rolled her eyes, "I know that. I'm not an idiot. I just like to have a bit of fun."

"Ok. Well don't poke the bear unless you're ready to be mauled," Norma warned. 

Joanie shook her head as she walked down the hallway. Stupid. Sal would never go for June. I mean she's nice and all but not his type. Who cares. Waste of time. I've got to find Marj anyways. Marjorie was walking towards Joanie, but Joanie was too lost in her own world to notice Marjorie. Practically running Marjorie over Joanie lifted her head up and noticed Marjorie standing in front of her.

"Oh hey, Marj. I was looking for you." Joanie said quietly.

Sarcastically Marjorie replied, "Obviously not too hard seeing as you almost ran me over."

Apologizing Joanie shook her head and responded, "Sorry Marj. My head was in a different world."

"I can see that Joanie. What did you need?" 

Joanie replied "Well, I need Sal's help on delivering your device. I thought he might be able to do a mail run for me."

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" replied Marjorie looking at Joanie with her soft brown eyes. 

She had a calming essence causing Joanie to raise her eyebrows as she replied, "You know why Marj. I don't want him getting the wrong idea."

Sighing Marjorie shook her head and replied sarcastically, "Oh it would be such a crime if you missed him. Admit it, Joanie. We all know it."