Chapter 29

Megan was laying in her bed with her eyes closed when Dr. Taylor walked in. She could hear him moving a cart around towards the bed. She slowly opened her eyes to see what was happening. Dr. Taylor had wheeled in a table with a bag with a long tube with a needle attached at the end. Dr. Taylor said softly "I'm sorry Mrs. Garvey. I take no pleasure in this, but I will need to take some of your blood."

Megan felt as if he was being sincere, but still he was a part of the Mill and that meant he was the enemy. Dr. Taylor found a vein and began to draw blood from Megan's arm. As the blood poured into the bag Megan tried to make conversation.

"So Dr. Taylor what are you going to do with my blood?" Megan asked curiously.

"Well I am going to take it and send it to the lab for testing." He replied calmly.

"Testing for what?" Megan probed.

"Just for basic information." The doctor replied

Not buying into his explanation Megan raised her eyebrow and asked "Really?"

"Yes." He replied.

Seeing that she was getting nowhere with the doctor Megan tried another tactic. She asked "Do you have a mother Dr. Taylor?"

"Yes." He replied calmly

"And how old is she?" Megan asked curious

"62." Dr. Taylor replied a little confused.

"Ah I see so she is only three years away from the same fate." Megan said

"Not if they fig—" Dr. Taylor began but stopped himself from finishing his thought.

"Figure what out?" asked Megan innocently.

Looking sternly into Megan's eyes the doctor did not respond. Megan tried again "Cat got your tongue young man?"

Shaking his head Dr. Taylor kept his eyes to the floor and refused to respond. He finished up and bandaged Megan's arm up and left the room.

Megan thought to herself. That was odd. They are testing our blood but what for? They must be close to finding their solution, but what is it they are trying to find? Megan finished up her thought and began to send in a report.

#

"Hey Joanie we are getting in a new report from Megan." Said June as she wrote down the message.

Handing over a slip of paper Joanie read the message. Testing blood. Unknown reason. Dr. thinks they are close to solution. Agent ready for response.  Joanie thought to herself of the possibly reasons for testing. She thought they were perhaps testing diseases on them to find a cure. It was the only thing she could think of at the moment. Joanie cleared her throat and responded "Good work. Keep pushing for info on the testing." June began to send the message as Joanie spoke.

#

Megan received the message and nodded her head as a response. She laid back in her bed and thought of the reasons they would test her blood. Perhaps they are searching for a cure or worse we are just their lab rats for them to experiment on with their scientific ideas.