The Girl

A little side note: my version of Voldemort's death in DH will be a combination of the movie and the book. His body is left (no disintegrating here) but I'm leaving the face off between him and Harry in the courtyard. 

Small PSA: This is not a reader insert. The girl in the picture above is Ava. That is how she will be described to look throughout the entire story. That will not change. If you want to imagine her differently, that's perfectly fine. BUT, please do not leave comments about it. I don't need to know. Thanks!

1| The Girl

Ava stood near the entrance to the great hall watching Harry. She was helping the others clean up but when she saw Harry standing outside, she stopped what she was doing.

Being a year younger and a Slytherin, she didn't really know Harry all that well. The most she's talked to him was about quidditch, being the only player from her house that actually knows how to play fair. She is suppose to be the new captain next year. Technically she was suppose to be this year as well but due to the circumstances..it didn't happen yet. The few conversations she has had with Harry have all been rather pleasant. She wouldn't go as far to say they were anything more than acquaintances obviously, but that doesn't mean she can't still worry about him. Harry seemed to be lost in his thoughts for a few minutes and she didn't want to disturb him, but she wanted to make sure he was alright. Well, alright as one could be in his position.

Sighing, Ava decided to wait for him to make his was back towards the castle before she greeted him. While she was waiting she couldn't help but look around at what was left of the once beautiful castle. It was extremely sad to see Hogwarts this way after it became a second home to her over the last six years. There were big holes in the walls, chunks missing from archways, pieces of stone laying everywhere, and other debris. The sun had finally come out again at least and they weren't stuck under the gray clouds anymore. The overall effect gave everyone a new hope for a fresh start. One that everyone needed after the events from the last few years.

Looking back over to Harry, Ava could see he managed to drag himself back to reality. He finally turned around to head back to the great hall. Back to where the others were. It took Harry a few minutes to realize he wasn't the only one outside anymore. When he did, he looked at Ava and looked like he was even startled a bit. Amused, Ava decided she should finally say something to him.

"Hey Harry." She realized it sounded a little odd to be casually greeting someone after a battle just took place, but that's just how she is.

"Oh hi Ava. I haven't talked to you in a while, well I haven't in a year..what are you doing out here?" Harry tried hard to hide the fact that he was startled by Ava appearing in front of him. Or she was there the whole time and he didn't know it. Judging by her reaction, it was unfortunately the latter and she also noticed him jump. He has a bad habit of not noticing things it seemed.

Ava let out a small laugh,"I was helping the others clean up what we could. I was actually waiting for you. Are you doing ok? You seemed pretty far gone in your head there." She was even more amused by the fact that Harry was irritated with himself being noticeably startled. Ava decided not to comment on it though.

"Oh, um yeah. Yeah I'm fine. I just got lost in my thoughts. You know with everything thats happened and I guess it's hard to believe it's all over. But no yeah I'm good..How are you?" Why did he have to stutter like a fifteen-year-old boy asking a girl out. It's not like Ava was intimidating to talk to or anything.

"I'm fine too I suppose, but I'm not the one standing in the middle of the court yard staring off into space. Thanks for asking though." Ava honestly felt like bursting out laughing. He was adorable when he was flustered.