Classes Begin

So I recently got back into reading fanfics and I gotta say, I have a different perspective when it comes to Tom's character. I realized that I do not like the super dark/violent version. But I also don't like the really soft/dulled version either 😕 it's just a weird thing I have. I know he hasn't been "in character" which is why you guys have been seeing some..changes. I don't know. I would love to have conversations about this with you guys.

Side note: dreams ARE important to the story

✌🏻

Listen: the book by Nicholas Hooper

24| classes begin

After the feast ended, Tom walked along with Ava and her friends as they went to the Slytherin common room. They also had the pleasure of having one of the Slytherin prefects following along with them. He was instructed to show Tom to his separate room. They knew about this ahead of time, as the Headmistress believed it would be better for everyone. Apparently, other students would be uncomfortable with him sharing their room.

Tom walked silently next to Liam as they listened to Ava and Mia talk animatedly. He was relieved that not many students from Slytherin gave much attention to him, unlike the ones from other houses. He would, at least, not have to deal with the constant scrutiny from Potter and his friends. Tom was pulled from his thoughts when a new person joined their group.

"Oi, Merin." The boy that began to walk along next to Ava was stocky with dark hair and a light Scottish accent. "Got the team figured out yet?"

Ava smirked, "I won't know until try-outs." She shared a look with Liam, knowing they had already discussed ideas. "Which means you and the others will have to wait quite some time."

"That means get lost Gillan," Liam said with a laugh.

Gillan rolled his eyes, "oh shut it Carsen." He sighed dramatically at Ava. "Fine, I'll have to make sure I get on the team then."

"You do that," Ava said sarcastically. She laughed when he made a face and left them. Before he got too far, Ava yelled out, "and you'll do it fairly. No cheating!"

She was met with a laugh, "of course. Whatever you say captain." Gillan turned back around and disappeared with his friends in the crowd of students.

Mia shook her head in amusement. "Even if he was horrible at quidditch, you'd let him on the team."

"But that's the thing," Ava said equally amused, "he's not half bad as a beater." She bumped shoulders with Mia, "besides, I just keep him around so you can see him more often."

A red tint took over Mia's freckled face at hearing that. "I've no idea what you mean by that," she said indignantly.

"Oh please." Ava wrapped her arm around Mia's shoulders and hugged her. "You can't hide it from me. I've seen the way you drool over him like the other girls."

"I'm nothing like them!" Mia tried to be offended by Ava's statement, but couldn't hide her embarrassment. "I just find him to be..decent looking. That's all."

Ava hummed, "sure."

Tom grimaced to himself at their conversation. Everything revolved around who liked who, that hadn't changed one bit from when he was first a student. There are far more important matters to focus on than pointless crushes. But he did take interest in Liam's reaction to the turn the girls' conversation took. He had a sour expression on his face as though he smelled something bad. That was interesting to Tom. It seemed, to him, that Liam didn't enjoy the idea that Mia was attracted to someone else.