Conflicting Conversations

Ladies, gents, and my non-binary friends, welcome back to my story. Hi, how are you? I'm finally updating and boy do we have a LOT of dialogue to get through 😬😬😬

(Sorry in advance if the pacing is off. I'm an idiot and didn't realize until half-way through that I messed up the timeline lol)

Listen: Salamander Eyes by James Newton Howard

25| conflicting conversations

Over the next week Ava learned she was quite skilled at avoiding someone when she needed to. Harry had attempted to speak to her a few times in class, but she managed to slip past him every time. She knew her friends, and especially Tom, were confused as to why she was so determined to ignore him. But she didn't think her issues with Potter were that important to them. At least, not presently.

As a result of wanting to ignore Potter, Ava spent more time in the Slytherin common room. But in all honesty, she didn't mind that. Not only did she eliminate the chances of Potter catching her, but she also got to spend more time with Tom. Without others around. Which is where they were headed now.

Tom was following behind Ava and Allison as they were busy talking about something to do with Quidditch. He found himself becoming absolutely irritated with Ava's friend as their conversation continued. The girl talked as though she knew everything about the sport, but didn't even play it herself as far as he was aware. Then again, most things about the obnoxious Ravenclaw bothered him. Growing bored of the girls, Tom turned his attention to the windows they passed by. Between the various students and outdoor scenery he was able to tune out what they were saying.

"You know, I think the Slytherin team will do well with you as the captain." Allison bumped Ava slightly as she placed her hands on her robes pockets. "At least you can pick out the talented players."

Ava laughed, "that's how you win right?"

Allison nodded. "Well of course. But some just want to have their group on the team." She leaned closer and softly said, "although most of them have their heads so far up their own arse they might actually think they're good."

"Allison!" Ava shook her head but couldn't help the amused smile on her face. She quickly looked around them to make sure no one else could have head that. "Even if you're right, you shouldn't talk like that."

Allison shrugged. "Not like I really care." She huffed our a short, sarcastic laugh. "I'm just some stupid Ravenclaw anyways. They don't care enough to pay attention to me."

Ava raised an eyebrow, "you sound bitter."

"Bitter?" Allison scoffed at Ava, "I am not bitter about anything."

"Maybe it was because of that crush you had on Benson Joffrey last year." Ava shrugged when Allison scowled. "Oh but you've moved onto that Gryffindor girl now anyways."

Allison sighed dramatically. "Would you stop that." She glanced behind them to see that Tom wasn't listening before turning back around. "You are literally the only Slytherin I actually like, it has nothing to do with a silly boy crush."

"Of course it doesn't." Ava dropped the subject for a few seconds before deciding to say more. "How are things with Emilie by the way? Got a date scheduled yet?"

"Shut it will you," Allison said in exasperation. She huffed at Ava's soft smile and answered anyways. "If you must know, we've been studying together quite a bit. That's it."

Ava gave her a questioning look before smirking. "That's it?"

"Yes," Allison replied sharply.

Just as they were nearing the dungeons entrance, they were cut off by a professor who neither of them expected to see again. They stopped walking just in time to avoid him. The professor stopped as well, noticing which students were in front of him.